“The Bucs are Not the Same Team” (2 Viewers)

Brady can't even walk fast. Get after him. We didn't blitz the Bears too much, we didn't have to. I don't like to think about Mike Evans and AB running seam routes at the same time with no pressure on Brady. I was really worried about the possibility of facing Metcalf and Lockett in the same way.

Since we beat them in Tampa, Bucs have:

- Beat Carolina
- Lost to Rams
- Lost to KC
- Beat Minnesota
- Beat Atlanta (barely)
- Beat Lions (Lions quit)
- Beat Atlanta
- Beat WFT

Not that impressive really. Pretty much the same as us with two losses and beating some mediocre teams. I think it comes down to matchups which favors the Saints.

The refs scare me.

Shon on Evans
Ceedy on Godwin/Brown or TE
Jackrabbit on Brown/Godwin
Jenkins on Gronk/Brate
Davis Green Dog all game long

pass rush feasts.

we play the Bucs well because we can just man them up.

saints better be ready for this one. yucs will come out swinging

Or so I’m being continually told by the media following our win yesterday.

I think it’s nonsense. They are the exact same team. Suspect defensively with an offense that can put up points if you let Brady get comfortable. They barely beat a 7-9 team Saturday to advance. That we throttled them was not because they were a bad team back then and have changed, it’s because we were a much better team and still are.

Regardless, get ready for an onslaught of “beating a team three times is tough” commentary when it’s simply not true. In the 30 times it’s happened, the 2-0 team is 20-10.

Doesn’t mean we win, but it does mean the media narratives are lazy.
It reminds me of this old guy that was a bit of a shade tree mechanic. He would buy every part he knew of one at a time until he found one that fixed the issue and the car started. No actual knowledge about why it wouldn't start. But if he saw you with the hood up, here he'd come with his advice.

Or so I’m being continually told by the media following our win yesterday.

I think it’s nonsense. They are the exact same team. Suspect defensively with an offense that can put up points if you let Brady get comfortable. They barely beat a 7-9 team Saturday to advance. That we throttled them was not because they were a bad team back then and have changed, it’s because we were a much better team and still are.

Regardless, get ready for an onslaught of “beating a team three times is tough” commentary when it’s simply not true. In the 30 times it’s happened, the 2-0 team is 20-10.

Doesn’t mean we win, but it does mean the media narratives are lazy.

Hmmmm.... First 8 games averaged scoring 30.9 and gave up 20.6 Second 8 games average 30.6 and gave up 23.8. Looks like the same team to me.

Soo are they that different to overcome a 35 point deficit?

I mean sure they might be improved, but its a long way

Of course they are not the same after that game. Something ended much bigger after that game :hihi:

Brady will have better protection this time around vs. game two. I don't think we'll have near the pressure that we had game 2. Brady has also has had more time to gel with his unit, so he can get the ball out much quicker. In the end- what I think people are saying is that TB will be fielding a healthy, complete unit this weekend. I think that this comes down to trench dominance and coaching.
The Saints also will be fielding a much healthier team on both sides of the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom