NFL ÑFL? Really, NFL? (1 Viewer)

I love cultural recognition and appealing to a broad audience. My family is blended from three different cultures which we represent and carry with us.

What I hate, and it's not just the NFL, believe me, is when companies use culture as a marketing tool and as a source of advertising material. Which is what a lot of this comes off as. How many Hispanics work at the league office Roger? How many hold director-level or above positions at Park Ave? Then knock it off.

I love cultural recognition and appealing to a broad audience. My family is blended from three different cultures which we represent and carry with us.

What I hate, and it's not just the NFL, believe me, is when companies use culture as a marketing tool and as a source of advertising material. Which is what a lot of this comes off as. How many Hispanics work at the league office Roger? How many hold director-level or above positions at Park Ave? Then knock it off.
well said

What I hate, and it's not just the NFL, believe me, is when companies use culture as a marketing tool and as a source of advertising material.
This will never change, it's just capitalism at work. Im not a fan of it either, but if you want to live in a capitalist society companies are going to make decisions solely on the basis of profit.

This will never change, it's just capitalism at work. Im not a fan of it either, but if you want to live in a capitalist society companies are going to make decisions solely on the basis of profit.
This should have been the post to prompt the "Don't make a post that will lead to political arguments" response.

I totally understand that sentiment and it's valid. I will say that the "pandering" means something different to my little cousins who haven't been beaten down by cynicism quite yet. It's just nice for them to see themselves, ya know? I only wish they weren't Cowboys fans...

Fun fact, Spanish was the main language spoken in Louisiana from about 1763 - 1803, English wasn’t the predominate tongue until 1921, when French was banned from being taught in school.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but culture encompasses a lot of things including primary language. The OP is clearly hostile towards the idea of "pandering to Spanish speakers." It's not denigrating to English speakers for the NFL give a little shout out to other folks who speak a different language. Growing the game beyond our borders is a good thing. Acknowledging different aspects of fandom is also a good thing.
Edit: Responding to guidomerkinsrules, can't get this quoting to work properly on my phone lol.

What @guidomerkinsrules means is that I was born in México. And no, I am not offended, but making the N in NFL an Ñ makes absolutely no sense... I guess to make it the Ñoño Football League? :hihi: ( @guillermo may get that one).

Fun fact, Spanish was the main language spoken in Louisiana from about 1763 - 1803, English wasn’t the predominate tongue until 1921, when French was banned from being taught in school.
I live in Texas where its always been English spoken ever since Columbus landed in Galveston.

Take it...

e9d.jpg

Forgive me for taking offense myself if the grammar was the actual problem. I just hear very similar rhetoric from people around here, only they're not talking about diacritic use.
Edit: by around here I mean my neck of Mississippi, not Saintsreport
What @guidomerkinsrules means is that I was born in México. And no, I am not offended, but making the N in NFL an Ñ makes absolutely no sense... I guess to make it the Ñoño Football League? :hihi: ( @guillermo may get that one).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom