“Change of scenery” QB that would significantly improve in Sean’s system (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
This isn’t a “wish list” of who you want at QB. I don’t think Tom Brady or Russell Wilson coming to New Orleans would necessarily make them batter QBs. Who are some guys that you think are “stuck” for whatever reason, and could possibly flourish with a change of scenery and Sean’s tutorship? And why?

I’ll start. Two very different QBs come to mind.

Jimmy Garoppolo

When I first thought of this topic a few weeks ago, it seemed the 9ers were dead set on anointing Lance. Maybe that’s not the case now. I do like the thought of Jimmy in NOLA because he appears to be the type of QB who is patient and poised. After watching Drew, then a guy like Jameis, run this system, I came to a conclusion that temperament was very important in this system. It seems like we are trying to make Jameis (and Taysom) that kind of player, but it’s against their nature. JG is that guy naturally, and he’s accurate too.

Daniel Jones

Yeah, he has looked bad. But he has had some impressive flashes. He’s a multitalented guy (arm and legs). Still young and hasn’t had the best NFL mentorship to this point. Something tells me that Sean wants a running QB too. I think the Giants may be ready to move on, and Danny Dimes might be a guy Sean could unlock.

This isn’t a “wish list” of who you want at QB. I don’t think Tom Brady or Russell Wilson coming to New Orleans would necessarily make them batter QBs. Who are some guys that you think are “stuck” for whatever reason, and could possibly flourish with a change of scenery and Sean’s tutorship? And why?

I’ll start. Two very different QBs come to mind.

Jimmy Garoppolo

When I first thought of this topic a few weeks ago, it seemed the 9ers were dead set on anointing Lance. Maybe that’s not the case now. I do like the thought of Jimmy in NOLA because he appears to be the type of QB who is patient and poised. After watching Drew, then a guy like Jameis, run this system, I came to a conclusion that temperament was very important in this system. It seemed like we are trying to make Jameis (and Taysom) they kind of player, but it’s against their nature. JG is that guy naturally, and he’s accurate too.

Daniel Jones

Yeah, he has looked bad. But he has had some impressive flashes. He’s a multitalented guy (arm and legs). Still young and hasn’t had the best NFL mentorship to this point. Something tells me that Sean wants a running QB too. I think the Giants may be ready to move on, and Danny Dimes might be a guy Sean could unlock.

Those are two QBs I’d want nothing to do with

Garoppolo is the definition of injury-prone. Jones has been awful with great targets to throw to.
Well, the way I framed this (purposely) was to look for things Sean could work with, in spite of the fact the guy has struggled for one reason or another. All recommendations should have flaws, because NFL teams don’t give away good QBs.

Those are two QBs I’d want nothing to do with
Drew Brees was a QB that no one wanted anything to do with (other than us and Miami). Thats kind of the path I’m challenging you guys and gals to take. Instead of looking for negatives and taking shots at others people’s ideas, I was hoping people would offer their own. I wasn’t looking for anyone’s approval. It’s a challenging topic with probably no right answers. Could make an interesting discussion though.

I know right....why even ponder bringing in ANOTHER QB to rehabilitate instead of finishing the current project.
It’s a discussion, not a suggestion that we change QB path. I read so many threads and posts here from people who attempt to bring analysis. It’s easy to be an expert after the fact. I’m honestly interested in seeing who has vision beyond the obvious. Who can find the good among the bad, before it happens. Who’s the next Tannehill? This isn’t a who should replace Jameis thread, this is a who might flourish under Sean (after struggling elsewhere).

Drew Brees was a QB that no one wanted anything to do with (other than us and Miami). Thats kind of the path I’m challenging you guys and gals to take. Instead of looking for negatives and taking shots at others people’s ideas, I was hoping people would offer their own. I wasn’t looking for anyone’s approval. It’s a challenging topic with probably no right answers. Could make an interesting discussion though.
I think everyone got where you were coming from - but we’re going to be in this ‘we laugh to keep from crying phase’
I do think it makes most sense to have JW at top of list (he seems like someone who will take his rehab seriously)
And JW is likely to come cheaper that other options = more money for WRs and TEs
Plus , it still makes sense to me to maximize AK’s time left with us

It’s a discussion, not a suggestion that we change QB path. I read so many threads and posts here from people who attempt to bring analysis. It’s easy to be an expert after the fact. I’m honestly interested in seeing who has vision beyond the obvious. Who can find the good among the bad before it happens. This isn’t a who should replace Jameis thread, this is a who might flourish under Sean (after struggling elsewhere).
If that's the case then Im going with Pat Mahommes.. he should be a 6k passer every season but he's struggling to get to 5k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom