“Change of scenery” QB that would significantly improve in Sean’s system (1 Viewer)

I like how you're thinking but I feel like we need to perform the same exercise at WR, TE, and maybe even RB before we even know how bad the QB situation is.

Really the type of QB who would be most successful for us right now is one who thrives on chaos, scrambling, and making something out of nothing. The QB must be a threat by themselves because none of our active RBs, TEs, or WRs are threats.

I like how you're thinking but I feel like we need to perform the same exercise at WR, TE, and maybe even RB before we even know how bad the QB situation is.

Really the type of QB who would be most successful for us right now is one who thrives on chaos, scrambling, and making something out of nothing. The QB must be a threat by themselves because none of our active RBs, TEs, or WRs are threats.
I don’t think this was meant to diss Hill or Winston or even Trevor or make it another whos better than who thread but more of what other QBs in the league could thrive with Payton and benefit from the change. I like the premise of the thread

Drew Brees was a QB that no one wanted anything to do with (other than us and Miami). Thats kind of the path I’m challenging you guys and gals to take. Instead of looking for negatives and taking shots at others people’s ideas, I was hoping people would offer their own. I wasn’t looking for anyone’s approval. It’s a challenging topic with probably no right answers. Could make an interesting discussion though.

People whine about Payton's risk taking when he goes for it on 4th down or when he tries the 2 point conversion despite being 0 for the last 8, but Brees is the walking image of the reward of risk taking.

Brees is who Payton could get. He got him and it worked. It could have burned him to the ground, but it didn't.

CSP takes risks others are unable to take.

Jameis Winston and Baker Mayfield top my list.

Jameis because he is obviously an exceptional talent that needed to clean up the mental errors and was looking to be well on his way to doing that before shredding his knee.

Baker because I wanted him badly out of the draft bc I think he is the kind of QB Payton would love to have. He has the fire and moxy that would personify Payton on the field. Plus he's young and also has a ton of talent but needs a better system and coach to harnass it.

In all honesty about the point this thread is about — I want to see Book. Maybe even this season just to see his potential. We signed Taysom and know what we can hopefully have in Winston. … We also I think know Siemian. … Book is a piece I think we need to know about sooner than later unless he’s already planned at No. 2 behind Winston with Taysom still doing his thing.

Jimmy G has shown he can win. 49ers without are a wreck. That is a good indicator that he is a difference maker

Weird bit of trivia: I went to Space Camp in Huntsville, AL with that guy. He was completely obnoxious.
Are you asking what his name is?
Or did you mean to say Fun Fact instead of Weird bit of Trivia?
:unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom