“Change of scenery” QB that would significantly improve in Sean’s system (1 Viewer)

In all honesty about the point this thread is about — I want to see Book. Maybe even this season just to see his potential. We signed Taysom and know what we can hopefully have in Winston. … We also I think know Siemian. … Book is a piece I think we need to know about sooner than later unless he’s already planned at No. 2 behind Winston with Taysom still doing his thing.

Throwing Book into the games at this point is tantamount to abuse.

He would have no chance with the current lineup. If we get healthy towards the end of the year, maybe, but you may get your wish if the OL gets Seimien killed on Thursday.

I know right....why even ponder bringing in ANOTHER QB to rehabilitate instead of finishing the current project.
This.

People forget that Winston IS the project QB with talent and needed a 'change of scenery' that Payton is taking on.

Winston dedicated himself to being the man this offseason, and won the job. The team absolutely loves him.

14 TDs to 3 INTs in 6.5 games That's solid. Not spectacular. But we all would take that any day of the week. Turnovers were a concern with Winston, and he only had 4 in that time. That's super encouraging. Not off the hook. But positive.

It's been proven that before the naked eye of this horrible season, that our WR corps is inadequate. They can't get consistent separation. I think this unveils why Winston "held on the ball too long" in the beginning of the season. And even ran with the ball when nobody was open, which caused his injury.

His deep balls were on the freaking money. We all missed the deep ball in Payton's offense, it got no better than that folks. I don't know if he will complete deep passes like that next season, but for this season, he should get a '99' in Madden. He still needs work on his short and touch passes.

I want Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as much as the next guy. But I think it's unrealistic.

You work on your project QB until you can hit that home run in the draft or Free Agency. I think this is the easiest and most obvious answer to the next year's QB question.

Could be The MOST repugnant posting and responses I've EVER read here! The way NFC teams are dropping games? The SAINTS R STILL "IN" this contest~!

Let's see what a "healthy" Taysom Hill can do with Kenny Stills , AK and MI II and whomever else can return can give us! If I see any sign of Trevor Simien on the field after all that's gone down and it's CLEAR #7 is Good To Geaux? I'm done with this disabled team for this season and won't waste another Sunday on them. He77, I've got Winter landscaping to get done!

Please end this QB guessing carousel PLEASE! Speculations are too rampant and seems everyone has named every QB in the league! What's that point?

It’s a discussion, not a suggestion that we change QB path. I read so many threads and posts here from people who attempt to bring analysis. It’s easy to be an expert after the fact. I’m honestly interested in seeing who has vision beyond the obvious. Who can find the good among the bad, before it happens. Who’s the next Tannehill? This isn’t a who should replace Jameis thread, this is a who might flourish under Sean (after struggling elsewhere).
Baker Mayfield

I like how you're thinking but I feel like we need to perform the same exercise at WR, TE, and maybe even RB before we even know how bad the QB situation is.

Really the type of QB who would be most successful for us right now is one who thrives on chaos, scrambling, and making something out of nothing. The QB must be a threat by themselves because none of our active RBs, TEs, or WRs are threats.
Which is why my vote is Joe Burrow.

Ian Book time, with Siemian as the backup and Hill as the swiss army knife. Winston signs with a team that can afford him as the Saints have to focus their money on free agent skill position players and extending players like Williams and Davenport.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom