“Change of scenery” QB that would significantly improve in Sean’s system (1 Viewer)

I think Jimmy G would be good for what we do. But the injuries scare me and the 49ers aren’t giving him away for free. At the beginning of the season one of their beat writers said the 49ers wanted to raise his value to a 1st round pick before moving to Lance.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Baker Mayfield? He’s .500 with Cleveland, but I think he’ll thrive with Payton.
He would be my pick as far as guys that I think could be better in a new environment. He also has a moxy that is similar to how Sean is. I'm sure we scouted him coming out so maybe they liked him.

Jameis has been here for a year and a half, so that’s not a change of scenery anymore. And he also didn’t improve in Seans system unless you mean that he was, to use another posters terminology, shock collared into being bottom half in the league in most passing stats but wasn’t throwing picks anymore either. Even if you did say that, he didn’t improve the Saints as a team either.

Clown and Dead Falcon away, but this team can do better or at least no worse.
He was actually in the top 5ish range in TD passes vs a very low 3 ints. Heck he is still in 20th place for TD passes, tied with Big Ben, ahead of the oft mentioned Mayfied, and one behind Lamar Jackson and Teddy….

Jameis has been here for a year and a half, so that’s not a change of scenery anymore. And he also didn’t improve in Seans system unless you mean that he was, to use another posters terminology, shock collared into being bottom half in the league in most passing stats but wasn’t throwing picks anymore either. Even if you did say that, he didn’t improve the Saints as a team either.

Clown and Dead Falcon away, but this team can do better or at least no worse.
You’re not even going to pretend to consider the context of what he did with the dearth of talent around him

And remember part of my reasoning about trying to re-sign JW is that he’s more than likely much cheaper than similar (and even worse) talent, and that’s money we could use on WRs and TEs

In two more games are you going to say that Siemian should get a lucrative deal if he has a few more TDs? Because right now he’s not much different than Winston in TDs and Ints, has surpassed him in completions and attempts and will surpass him in yards this week. In two less games, without Kamara, Taysom or a healthy offensive line.

I won’t argue that either QB deserves a long term deal, but they ARE approaching the same level in terms of stats and you have to acknowledge Siemian has had even less to work with.
you're not a big fan of context are you?
the bulk of siemien's stats come in the 4th q when opposing Ds have opted for 'prevent' defense

This.

People forget that Winston IS the project QB with talent and needed a 'change of scenery' that Payton is taking on.

Winston dedicated himself to being the man this offseason, and won the job. The team absolutely loves him.

14 TDs to 3 INTs in 6.5 games That's solid. Not spectacular. But we all would take that any day of the week. Turnovers were a concern with Winston, and he only had 4 in that time. That's super encouraging. Not off the hook. But positive.

It's been proven that before the naked eye of this horrible season, that our WR corps is inadequate. They can't get consistent separation. I think this unveils why Winston "held on the ball too long" in the beginning of the season. And even ran with the ball when nobody was open, which caused his injury.

His deep balls were on the freaking money. We all missed the deep ball in Payton's offense, it got no better than that folks. I don't know if he will complete deep passes like that next season, but for this season, he should get a '99' in Madden. He still needs work on his short and touch passes.

I want Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as much as the next guy. But I think it's unrealistic.

You work on your project QB until you can hit that home run in the draft or Free Agency. I think this is the easiest and most obvious answer to the next year's QB question.

Just imagine if he had WRs. Heck, just imagine if he had started the season with Smith, Harrison and Stills. Even that would have been better than starting with Calloway alone.

You’re not even going to pretend to consider the context of what he did with the dearth of talent around him

And remember part of my reasoning about trying to re-sign JW is that he’s more than likely much cheaper than similar (and even worse) talent, and that’s money we could use on WRs and TEs
I agree on the financial part. But he's just going to get you .500, maybe a little better. So in essence, he's a cheap stop gap before we sign or draft the next QB of the future.

you're not a big fan of context are you?
the bulk of siemien's stats come in the 4th q when opposing Ds have opted for 'prevent' defense
He knows...he's just being thick because he committed heavily to the ABJ mindset early that he now has to milluple (1000x...i had to google it) down out of stubbornness rather than just admit that he was wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom