N/S “Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports. There is no further comment at this time” (1 Viewer)

This is actually the only sports show I watch. It's not purely click-bait nonsense. Nick and Cris actually talk about issues fairly and express what feels like their genuine opinions. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they don't, but they try to make coherent points and are actually very respectful to each other even during arguments and interruptions.

I was wondering why Cris was off in the middle of football season, I guess now we see why. I'm bummed about this.
Great description of the show.

Vs the utter nonense on First take and Undisputed (which is really just a Dallas Cowboys promotional show).

Got to hang out with him at Pat O's a number of years ago. He was stone cold sober and put up with a bunch of us partying and drinking that night. He even tried to teach drunk white guys dance moves for the uncoordinated.

I didn't watch him on fs1.

That "You got to have a fall guy" speech always bothered me. That's the kind of thing you'd say in private, but not broadcast on the air.

Wasn't just that it was broadcast on the air, but that he was addressing the newest NFL rookie class as to how to handle their "bidness." Oddly enough, he happened to call upon Teddy B during that "inspirational moment."

From NJ.com

The Big Lead’s Ryan Glasspiegel reported Sunday that Carter had been suspended by Fox pending the results of an internal investigation.

The reason for the dispute? According to McCarthy, Carter is “miffed at not being included in Fox’s “Thursday Night Football” pregame coverage this season.”

Rather than include Carter, who is based in New York, in its pregame coverage from New York, Fox flies out Los Angeles-based Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez and rolls out the red carpet for former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.

It led to an alleged blow-up between Carter and his bosses at FS1, according to McCarthy.

“I was told it was bad,” one source told McCarthy.

I'm saddened by this, I like Cris Carter, to me he was one of the few that didn't constantly scream and yell and his takes tended to be reasonable and well thought out, at least the times that I've watched him. I hope he gets a better gig in the future....

Gronk is cringe-worthy TV.

Seriously.

Agreed. Gronk is funny, a goof ball, great football player...….but a TOTAL embarrassment on that show. Grossly overpaid for being stupid.

Wasn't just that it was broadcast on the air, but that he was addressing the newest NFL rookie class as to how to handle their "bidness." Oddly enough, he happened to call upon Teddy B during that "inspirational moment."

"One of them crew got to know, HE going to jail." In other words, only hang around people you can throw under the bus. Fabulous advice.

This is actually the only sports show I watch. It's not purely click-bait nonsense. Nick and Cris actually talk about issues fairly and express what feels like their genuine opinions. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they don't, but they try to make coherent points and are actually very respectful to each other even during arguments and interruptions.

I was wondering why Cris was off in the middle of football season, I guess now we see why. I'm bummed about this.
I totally agree. I think he makes valid and interesting analyses, despite claiming to know every NFL player on the planet. Nick on the other hand is really unbearable to watch IMHO. Chrus Gandy is great at it as well. Hope he takes over as anchor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom