“He used a razor and he used to slice it so thin that it would liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.” (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
In Goodfellas , Paulie used this method for their nightly meals: “He was in a year for contempt and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. He used a razor and he used to slice it so thin that it would liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.”

... I’m not much of a cook myself, but i do come from an Italian-American family, and i dont recall this method being used.. Anyone ever try it?

4C61F2D1-7C47-476B-B5C8-0A8510F145F8.jpeg

ETA:

Last edited:

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Is this your way of telling us you were at the strip club?
Nah. Years ago my friend and roommate was a bouncer at one and since I was his ride I was there constantly. Was friends with most of them (and dropped a lot of money)

Just kind of made them not a big deal to me

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Very True. Got me into a bit of trouble at work once. We were working a trade show in San Francisco and myself + 3 colleagues decided to go eat at The Stinking Rose. Every dish was super heavy on the garlic; even desert was garlic ice cream.

Next morning, we were in the booth on the show floor and between the garlic stink sweating out of our pores (guess we had a lot to drink at dinner as well) and us all being incredibly "gassy" we were reprimanded by the booth captain and each got a call from HR. Luckily, we were all veterans and got off with just a "don't do that ever again" speech.

Three years later, the show returned to San Fran and in the pre-show memo for booth workers, it was specifically stated that no one was to dine at The Stinking Rose, or they would be sent home at their own expense. Good Times!
It's because San Francisco has a huge vampire problem.

kat5s

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This Kuhn Rikon is a very well built , easy to use, and easy to clean, and can can be used on unpeeled cloves...a little pricey but it'll last a lifetime

saintmdterps

musharain dum-a-doo dum-a-da
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you are used to Habanero peppers, then Jalapeños will likely seem mild to you. For something just a little hotter, try using Serrano (8k - 22k on the scale) or DeArbol peppers.

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 11.22.36 AM.png
Invalid scale when you spell Tabasco wrong :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom