“He used a razor and he used to slice it so thin that it would liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.” (2 Viewers)

Yeah that thing is a waste of a pepper. They are big and pretty but might as well be a bell pepper.
I’m more of a fan of Layering different types of peppers. I grow Serrano, cayennes, jalapeño and banana peppers along with the ghost peppers. The first 4 I use some of all to give a flavor and heat profile. The other I am careful with as a bit goes a long way

of course getting back to topic the garlic I grow is so hot that if you handle it too much it will literally make your skin blister.

Had no idea garlic could get that hot. I know they can get pretty strong but never really thought of it as heat.

Had no idea garlic could get that hot. I know they can get pretty strong but never really thought of it as heat.
I have some stuff I got from Guatemala which was essentially a wild garlic. I’ve been working with it for about 20 years now trying to get it bigger. Some years it’s larger, this year barely an inch and a half across. But it packs a punch. My old Italian neighbor always talked about the stronger garlic is the higher the chemical for your heart and blood vessel health is. Since he died at 97 and died the youngest of his 15 brothers and sisters I believe him

Is this your way of telling us you were at the strip club?

Nah. Years ago my friend and roommate was a bouncer at one and since I was his ride I was there constantly. Was friends with most of them (and dropped a lot of money)

Just kind of made them not a big deal to me

I’ve tried it. Paulie’s better with a knife than I am.
crocodile dundee | Tumblr

and in addition to being better with the knife, Paulie had more time. I too tried it. He had more time than me when I tried it. Perhaps I could perfect it now.

It is a lot of work

My wife gets irritated at crawfish boils because I love to eat the garlic cloves and she cant stand the smell
That's my favorite part. If I go to a boil and they don't have any garlic in it, I up-end the table and run away.

Very True. Got me into a bit of trouble at work once. We were working a trade show in San Francisco and myself + 3 colleagues decided to go eat at The Stinking Rose. Every dish was super heavy on the garlic; even desert was garlic ice cream.

Next morning, we were in the booth on the show floor and between the garlic stink sweating out of our pores (guess we had a lot to drink at dinner as well) and us all being incredibly "gassy" we were reprimanded by the booth captain and each got a call from HR. Luckily, we were all veterans and got off with just a "don't do that ever again" speech.

Three years later, the show returned to San Fran and in the pre-show memo for booth workers, it was specifically stated that no one was to dine at The Stinking Rose, or they would be sent home at their own expense. Good Times!
It's because San Francisco has a huge vampire problem.

This Kuhn Rikon is a very well built , easy to use, and easy to clean, and can can be used on unpeeled cloves...a little pricey but it'll last a lifetime

Amazon product ASIN B0000CD0HX

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom