Article “Mac Jones a more mobile Brady.” Per Tua. PFT Article. (1 Viewer)

Do you even understand what that comparison means? Comparing to Tom Brady has nothing to do with a Superbowl. Plus, Tom Brady doesn't win super bowls. Teams win super bowls. It's lackadaisical comparison with no real sense.

I'm not even hating. Mac Jones is a much better prospect than Tom Brady ever was...
Apology accepted, hater.

Cheers.

That would be a colossal mistake.
I'm just joking around, 60.

But I really love Jones and Zaven Collins, followed closely by Freiermuth and Jabril Cox at #1.

I haven't seen such glaring "perfect fits" for the saints in quite some time.

I'm just joking around, 60.

But I really love Jones and Zaven Collins, followed closely by Freiermuth and Jabril Cox at #1.

I haven't seen such glaring "perfect fits" for the saints in quite some time.
How do you feel about Andre Cisco, Greg Newsome, Jamin Davis, Jaycee Horn, and Javonte Williams?

There's no chance he's available at 28. I'm seeing him go in the Top 10 in some mocks now.
Yeah, I think it's gonna be similar to a few years ago when there was a thought that Baker Mayfield could be available for the Saints, and then he shot up the board. Jones won't go all the way to the first pick, but the top ten looks like a real possibility.

How do you feel about Andre Cisco, Greg Newsome, Jamin Davis, Jaycee Horn, and Javonte Williams?
I really like Newsome at FS.

I also like Horn's teammate Amukamara at FS.

Horn is a great value at press corner.

Javonte Williams reminds me of Kareem Hunt and his teammate (can't think of his name right now) is pretty good also.

I think Kenneth Gainwell and Travis Ettiene are better fits for the Payton system though.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be similar to a few years ago when there was a thought that Baker Mayfield could be available for the Saints, and then he shot up the board. Jones won't go all the way to the first pick, but the top ten looks like a real possibility.

Baker had a slightly stronger arm than Jones.

We'll see if that affects anything but Jones is more accurate and efficient based on pure numbers though.

Mayfield was throwing to Hollywood brown, Mark Andrews, and Dede westbrook at Oklahoma too.

I really like Newsome at FS.

I also like Horn's teammate Amukamara at FS.

Horn is a great value at press corner.

Javonte Williams reminds me of Kareem Hunt and his teammate (can't think of his name right now) is pretty good also.

I think Kenneth Gainwell and Travis Ettiene are better fits for the Payton system though.
Interesting. I stated to someone who matters that I thought Etienne would be a great back to pair with Kamara. We’ve seen thunder and lightning. But has a team ever given us lightning and lightning? I do not like the comparisons of Etienne to Kamara because Travis doesn’t have the elite contact balance that AK has. But they function the same in a Sean Payton offense and together they would give defenses fits in ways that the thunder/lightning pairing cannot. From play to play, there is no obvious tell when either would be on the field. So if Etienne was there at 60, I’d advocate taking him.

I like Newsome at corner, agree on J. Williams. Cisco would be a replacement if we lost Marcus. Horn is an outstanding press corner but he has to trust himself more in zone.

Interesting. I stated to someone who matters that I thought Etienne would be a great back to pair with Kamara. We’ve seen thunder and lightning. But has a team ever given us lightning and lightning? I do not like the comparisons of Etienne to Kamara because Travis doesn’t have the elite contact balance that AK has. But they function the same in a Sean Payton offense and together they would give defenses fits in ways that the thunder/lightning pairing cannot. From play to play, there is no obvious tell when either would be on the field. So if Etienne was there at 60, I’d advocate taking him.

I like Newsome at corner, agree on J. Williams. Cisco would be a replacement if we lost Marcus. Horn is an outstanding press corner but he has to trust himself more in zone.

I like Nasrildeen, Deablo, and Jacoby Steven's at SS.

Deablo left a solid impression on me at the Senior Bowl game.

There are also several athletic tight ends and DEs to drool over in the middle of the draft.

I really like Adetekumbo Ogundeji, Jordan Smith, Elerson Smith, and Janarius Robinson at DE.

Guys like Freiermuth, Hunter Long, Matt Bushman, Quintin Morris, Shaun Beyer and Zach Davidson could end up being superstars at TE.

K.J. Britt was the most impressive MLB at the Senior bowl that I witnessed.

Not overly impressive with pure speed but very instinctual and always in the right place. He also played with fire and intensity.

Baker had a slightly stronger arm than Jones.

We'll see if that affects anything but Jones is more accurate and efficient based on pure numbers though.

Mayfield was throwing to Hollywood brown, Mark Andrews, and Dede westbrook at Oklahoma too.
If only Mayfield had inherited another college HOF HC who couldve maximized his potential or that 2017 OU squad's feasibility to win a NC instead of a decent OC in Lincoln Riley who took over a great, talent laden team and under achieved by getting upset, blown out, and seriously out coached 3 times his Sooners have played in CFP playoffs 3 out of the past 4 seasons. Sure, Bob Stoops lost more then his fair share of big, BCS MNC games, major bowl games, one or two Big 12 championship games, but he did show he was at least capable of winning some of them convincingly. Plus, he recognized and accepted his limitations as a HC and realized he probably wasn't going to succeed at a higher level in the NFL and he made Oklahoma his one, sole legendary position and he'll be duly and rightfully honored and praised for that. Riley has given clear signs he doesn't plan to be coaching at Oklahoma 5-10 years from now and that whatever success he achieves in Norman is a logical springboard for a future NFL HC job like Kliff Kingsbury did by making the leap from Texas Tech to Arizona over two years ago.

K.J. Britt was the most impressive MLB at the Senior bowl that I witnessed.

Not overly impressive with pure speed but very instinctual and always in the right place. He also played with fire and intensity.
Totally off-topic but a relatable draft position question NO: If you had to make an extremely premature, but calculated educated guess based on individual NFL teams positions currently, where do you see Zach Wilson being drafted by?

Some draft experts early, premature mocks have Falcons drafting Wilson as the eventual replacement for Matt Ryan, do you find some merit or corroboration to that possibility?

Totally off-topic but a relatable draft position question NO: If you had to make an extremely premature, but calculated educated guess based on individual NFL teams positions currently, where do you see Zach Wilson being drafted by?

Some draft experts early, premature mocks have Falcons drafting Wilson as the eventual replacement for Matt Ryan, do you find some merit or corroboration to that possibility?

Personally, I have Zach Wilson as Q1 on my board (shocking, right?) For most teams, but for the Saints specifically I have him at #2.

I think the Falcons are better off drafting offensive linemen Sewell or a TE like Kyle Pitts if they want to compete at all in this division. They can get a good runner in round two like Najee Harris.

A mobile qb like Wilson or Tre Lance could make sense as alternatives to Ryan but not a pocket guy like Fields or Jones.

BTW, Atlanta was 22nd in sacks allowed (40 sacks of Ryan 3 years running) , 27th in rushing and 16th in scoring.

They gave up 17 sacks in two game to the Saints alone at one point.

Their needs are pretty obvious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom