“Several” Watson Accusers Will Be Interviewed On Real Sports (2 Viewers)

AdamWest

Daydream Believer
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I was totally all in at the time. Watson is a generational talent, Winston wasn't signed and coming off ACL, the QB's in the draft did not appear to include a franchiser, and I did not want division rivals getting him. A 2nd grand jury had just declined to charge him with criminal sexual misconduct. Plus we were all witnessing frenzy big player movement.

The requirement for me was that if the Saints traded for him, it would be conditioned on Watson agreeing to settle the lawsuits immediately and take his suspension so the fallout would be concluded this season. Essentially, that Deshaun would grow up.

We've since learned that the Dolphins had wanted the suits settled in their pursuit of him last fall. But Watson has only continued to be an abusive jerk - offering imo paltry $100,000 settlement amounts to the victims, demanding harsh NDA's in return, and now structuring his Browns salary so he will not face much financial loss if suspended next year.

He is a serial abuser and the Browns have browned themselves,
All of this was known as the Saints were going after him though? The only new news is the $100k amount to the victims, it was reported that during last trade deadline that Stephen Ross was pushing him to settle the cases before the Dolphins finalized the trade for him. Essentially nothing has changed at all except two more victims coming forward.

texasjefe

That's how football go
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Essentially nothing has changed at all except two more victims coming forward.

Which underscores my point. Things needed to change if the Saints were going to trade for him. Watson needed to fall on his sword and settle fairly, with higher amounts and giving his victims their freedom with no NDAs. But he did not. The Dolphins thing fell apart in part because of the trade deadline. There was no such deadline this offseason, other than Houston's urgency to be rid of the scum. And now that he's got a fully guaranteed $230M contract, he oughta be offering each victim about $2M per - if he's really committed to the Browns.

I hope he get #metoo'd into oblivion.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of us can say "we dodge a bullet" now but really when we were in the running for Watson, 80 percent of us was all in. Please be real. The #f the pics became the rallying cry across this board.
I was in the 20%, then, if your guesstimate is accurate. I was shaking my head that we were even trying to get Watson and super relieved when he went to Cleveland instead.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I was in the 20%, then, if your guesstimate is accurate. I was shaking my head that we were even trying to get Watson and super relieved when he went to Cleveland instead.
At that time I understood why some was against it too.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was intrigued about the possibility of getting DW early on but as it became apparent that we were getting into a bidding war for his services combined with all of the allegations?

I'll just say I'm happy about the way things turned out, and that we didn't mortgage the future on....yes....a generational talent....but a risky and possibly volatile one....

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What does it say about the judgment shown by our organization and management that we pursued Watson so assiduously?

And had the Saints signed Watson and were the league to suspend Watson for the season, the popular narrative on the forum would have been that the only reason for the long suspension is that the league hates the Saints.

and now when the league suspends him for a year we’ll say

”If he was here he would have been banned for life”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom