“Several” Watson Accusers Will Be Interviewed On Real Sports (1 Viewer)

I don't understand how its not illegal. You're paying someone for sexual services. Spa's that have those types of business practices are often raided by the cops. Asking for a Happy Ending isn't illegal but as soon as that money switches hands and the deed is done, it's illegal.

A lot of us can say "we dodge a bullet" now but really when we were in the running for Watson, 80 percent of us was all in. Please be real. The #f the pics became the rallying cry across this board. I was really neutral in this. For me, the idea of having someone with all these accusations and legal issues still pending caused me to be against getting him. I am a big advocate for women safety and well being. No women should be subjected to any sexual harassments or crime. But on the other hand, I have seen too many women falsely accusing or exaggerate their claims in order to extort money off of celebrities. So it was so hard to pick a side until I can listen to both sides.

But for my fandom side, I actually did not want Watson for the reasons above. The only reasons I wanted him were to prevent Atlanta and Carolina from getting him. From the start the best case was for him to go to Cleveland. Cleveland was out and it was us and Carolina. Then it became us and Atlanta. The thought of the two getting a franchise quarterback before us, worried me. Having a player who is still young, healthy and can potentially lead you to the next 10 years was too good to pass up. Didn't like the idea of giving up too many capital to get him gave me some hesitation but I was ok with it. Then it became the long wait and seeing twitter being posted on here of "reports from unknown" source on the forum became an annoying thing for a week. Atlanta became the front runner, but it became annoying. Then I didn't care if he went to Atlanta. Let them deal with his crap and all their players and draft picks they were going to lose. Then Cleveland out of the blue was able to get him. Finally, I was able to breathe easier because from the start I wanted for him to go over there anyway.

But really, including myself, a lot of us wasn't all against this idea.

A lot of us can say "we dodge a bullet" now but really when we were in the running for Watson, 80 percent of us was all in. Please be real. The #f the pics became the rallying cry across this board. I was really neutral in this. For me, the idea of having someone with all these accusations and legal issues still pending caused me to be against getting him. I am a big advocate for women safety and well being. No women should be subjected to any sexual harassments or crime. But on the other hand, I have seen too many women falsely accusing or exaggerate their claims in order to extort money off of celebrities. So it was so hard to pick a side until I can listen to both sides.

But for my fandom side, I actually did not want Watson for the reasons above. The only reasons I wanted him were to prevent Atlanta and Carolina from getting him. From the start the best case was for him to go to Cleveland. Cleveland was out and it was us and Carolina. Then it became us and Atlanta. The thought of the two getting a franchise quarterback before us, worried me. Having a player who is still young, healthy and can potentially lead you to the next 10 years was too good to pass up. Didn't like the idea of giving up too many capital to get him gave me some hesitation but I was ok with it. Then it became the long wait and seeing twitter being posted on here of "reports from unknown" source on the forum became an annoying thing for a week. Atlanta became the front runner, but it became annoying. Then I didn't care if he went to Atlanta. Let them deal with his crap and all their players and draft picks they were going to lose. Then Cleveland out of the blue was able to get him. Finally, I was able to breathe easier because from the start I wanted for him to go over there anyway.

But really, including myself, a lot of us wasn't all against this idea.
I said at the time I was 51% in favor. The thought of stopping him from going to ATL or CAR was a factor to me. I was also barely in favor because of how talented Watson is, but as the saga drug on I was hoping he would somehow end up in the AFC.

I’d like to think the Saints front office was involved only to subvert the plans of their division rivals, but unless Mickey writes a tell-all when he retires, I doubt we’ll ever know.

Ultimately, I am very glad he went to Cleveland and especially with the stream of new and sleazy details that continues to emerge.

I said at the time I was 51% in favor. The thought of stopping him from going to ATL or CAR was a factor to me. I was also barely in favor because of how talented Watson is, but as the saga drug on I was hoping he would somehow end up in the AFC.

I’d like to think the Saints front office was involved only to subvert the plans of their division rivals, but unless Mickey writes a tell-all when he retires, I doubt we’ll ever know.

Ultimately, I am very glad he went to Cleveland and especially with the stream of new and sleazy details that continues to emerge.
Add to that, this saga set the Falcons back a few years because their franchise QB wanted out because of it.

I was totally all in at the time. Watson is a generational talent, Winston wasn't signed and coming off ACL, the QB's in the draft did not appear to include a franchiser, and I did not want division rivals getting him. A 2nd grand jury had just declined to charge him with criminal sexual misconduct. Plus we were all witnessing frenzy big player movement.

The requirement for me was that if the Saints traded for him, it would be conditioned on Watson agreeing to settle the lawsuits immediately and take his suspension so the fallout would be concluded this season. Essentially, that Deshaun would grow up.

We've since learned that the Dolphins had wanted the suits settled in their pursuit of him last fall. But Watson has only continued to be an abusive jerk - offering imo paltry $100,000 settlement amounts to the victims, demanding harsh NDA's in return, and now structuring his Browns salary so he will not face much financial loss if suspended next year.

He is a serial abuser and the Browns have browned themselves,

I was totally all in at the time. Watson is a generational talent, Winston wasn't signed and coming off ACL, the QB's in the draft did not appear to include a franchiser, and I did not want division rivals getting him. A 2nd grand jury had just declined to charge him with criminal sexual misconduct. Plus we were all witnessing frenzy big player movement.

The requirement for me was that if the Saints traded for him, it would be conditioned on Watson agreeing to settle the lawsuits immediately and take his suspension so the fallout would be concluded this season. Essentially, that Deshaun would grow up.

We've since learned that the Dolphins had wanted the suits settled in their pursuit of him last fall. But Watson has only continued to be an abusive jerk - offering imo paltry $100,000 settlement amounts to the victims, demanding harsh NDA's in return, and now structuring his Browns salary so he will not face much financial loss if suspended next year.

He is a serial abuser and the Browns have browned themselves,
All of this was known as the Saints were going after him though? The only new news is the $100k amount to the victims, it was reported that during last trade deadline that Stephen Ross was pushing him to settle the cases before the Dolphins finalized the trade for him. Essentially nothing has changed at all except two more victims coming forward.

Essentially nothing has changed at all except two more victims coming forward.

Which underscores my point. Things needed to change if the Saints were going to trade for him. Watson needed to fall on his sword and settle fairly, with higher amounts and giving his victims their freedom with no NDAs. But he did not. The Dolphins thing fell apart in part because of the trade deadline. There was no such deadline this offseason, other than Houston's urgency to be rid of the scum. And now that he's got a fully guaranteed $230M contract, he oughta be offering each victim about $2M per - if he's really committed to the Browns.

I hope he get #metoo'd into oblivion.

A lot of us can say "we dodge a bullet" now but really when we were in the running for Watson, 80 percent of us was all in. Please be real. The #f the pics became the rallying cry across this board.
I was in the 20%, then, if your guesstimate is accurate. I was shaking my head that we were even trying to get Watson and super relieved when he went to Cleveland instead.

I was in the 20%, then, if your guesstimate is accurate. I was shaking my head that we were even trying to get Watson and super relieved when he went to Cleveland instead.
At that time I understood why some was against it too.

I was intrigued about the possibility of getting DW early on but as it became apparent that we were getting into a bidding war for his services combined with all of the allegations?

I'll just say I'm happy about the way things turned out, and that we didn't mortgage the future on....yes....a generational talent....but a risky and possibly volatile one....

What does it say about the judgment shown by our organization and management that we pursued Watson so assiduously?

And had the Saints signed Watson and were the league to suspend Watson for the season, the popular narrative on the forum would have been that the only reason for the long suspension is that the league hates the Saints.

and now when the league suspends him for a year we’ll say

”If he was here he would have been banned for life”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom