“The Bucs are Not the Same Team” (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Or so I’m being continually told by the media following our win yesterday.

I think it’s nonsense. They are the exact same team. Suspect defensively with an offense that can put up points if you let Brady get comfortable. They barely beat a 7-9 team Saturday to advance. That we throttled them was not because they were a bad team back then and have changed, it’s because we were a much better team and still are.

Regardless, get ready for an onslaught of “beating a team three times is tough” commentary when it’s simply not true. In the 30 times it’s happened, the 2-0 team is 20-10.

Doesn’t mean we win, but it does mean the media narratives are lazy.

Last edited:

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brady can launch the ball. The main concern I have is lack of pass rush. It seemed like we struggled getting to Trubisky. Got to be better against TB. I don't necessarily think they're a much better team this go round. That was being pushed in our second match against them, also. I just think they are going to be much more motivated this go round, and we have to be at our best.
They did a good job against Washington's front keeping Tom upright and he gets the ball away quickly.

Reaction score
It would not surprise me at all to see an even or flipped line on this game before the week is out. The hype for Tampa is just too great.

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
RIght, and we have Michael Thomas and Deonte Harris back and a healthy Drew Brees. This is an important difference.
MT and Harris played in the last game against the Bucs, and Kwon Alexander did not play. The key absence for saints could be Hendrickson and Murray if they can't play. Bucs won't have their starting guard.

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The refs are a major concern for the rest of the way for the Saints.

The media and the league itself have deified Brady, and they won’t want to see him get beaten 3x in one season by the “bad guy” Saints.

If the Saints do manage to pull things off against the Bucs, the Packers or the Rams would be cast as the hero vs the Saints as well.
And saints got some penalties which were actually called in the game against the Bears. (Lil'J Humphrey being held was called when Brees was sacked for 14 yards on the 2nd and goal). Brady will be launching to get DPI calls against the saints.

Reaction score
Well we’re not going to destroy them like last time, let’s get that out of the way. The Buccs are a good team. I was hoping we’d get the Seahawks instead as they were trending downward but we’re fully capable of beating this Buccs team as well.

Ruiz and Peat scare me though, I wish we had Easton to throw in there in case Ruiz was struggling too much. Thomas is the key, they’re going to play more man coverage and he needs to give Brees those safety valve throws.

eazzyduzzit

takin it eaazy
Reaction score
I really believe signing Jamies Winston has given some insight to the coaching staff when facing the BUCS... these last two games didn’t even look close

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Brady can't even walk fast. Get after him. We didn't blitz the Bears too much, we didn't have to. I don't like to think about Mike Evans and AB running seam routes at the same time with no pressure on Brady. I was really worried about the possibility of facing Metcalf and Lockett in the same way.

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
Since we beat them in Tampa, Bucs have:

- Beat Carolina
- Lost to Rams
- Lost to KC
- Beat Minnesota
- Beat Atlanta (barely)
- Beat Lions (Lions quit)
- Beat Atlanta
- Beat WFT

Not that impressive really. Pretty much the same as us with two losses and beating some mediocre teams. I think it comes down to matchups which favors the Saints.

The refs scare me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom