“The Bucs are Not the Same Team” (2 Viewers)

The is the exact same theme the media ran with prior to our second meeting. "The Bucs are better than they were week one." "Brady has had time to gel with his receivers." Blah blah blah. Remember the graphics below all the commentators on NBC prior to the game? Nothing but Bucs stickers across the board. Every single one picked the Saints to lose "because the Bucs are not the same team." Then 38-3 happened, and they all curled up in a ball and cried themselves to sleep.

They may pick the Bucs across the board again this week, but it won't matter one bit. If the Saints come out and play their best, we win because we're the better team.

Kiss of Death.png

If they talk about games as if they are sure to be a blow out, this doesn’t draw audience to their show or to the games they try to promote. If you are a network show, this is the way.

having said that, we have to approach it as if they are the better team. We must forget the ownership in game two. If you are Super Bowl bound, this is the way.

A poster on another thread pointed out some things they’re doing differently (@Jellybean). More Max protect (let your elite WRs have time to create space), more two TE sets.

I’ll be curious to hear from some of the smart football people on here how we counteract that. More zone?
I'm no expert, but perhaps delayed blitz/stunts? Make those O-linemen start guessing and then do work on Brady

What makes the difference is coaching, and I’d take Payton and his staff over the Tampa staff. But like any playoff game you gotta bring your A game and Brady won’t roll over in the playoffs, we all know that.

Well, the media so wants to be right about TB and Brady. They are playing better but I still like our defensive line against their offensive line, if we play like we did against the Bears and add Hendrickson I like our chances.

Offensively we need to be better, more consistent and finish drives....Played better in the 2nd half but I feel we left a lot of points on the field against the Bears...

With AB on the same page as Brady, they are better.

But considering the weapons we finally have on the field at the same time, we are much better also.
AB is no longer that AB you feared in Pittsburgh. Big Ben and AB made a living off of broken plays that no longer exists with Brady. The best games AB had this year came against the Falcons in their 2 match ups. While Brown is still a good receiver, he's not someone you have to base your entire game plan around.

Missing Kwon Alexander will hurt, but I think we're just the better team overall. That said, the Bucs are going to be emotionally hyped up for the game and will have been fed a steady diet of their own version of the narrative.

Perhaps, but he wasn't in that game when we throttled the Bucs.

They're definitely better than we last played them and are a team trending upwards. And certainly Brady will turn up his game now that it's the playoffs. It'll be a competitive game.

They're definitely better than we last played them and are a team trending upwards. And certainly Brady will turn up his game now that it's the playoffs. It'll be a competitive game.
Can you explain why they are better?
Their last 5 wins in the regular season were all against teams drafting in the top 15. Falcons twice, Lions, Vikings, and Carolina. Their 2 losses after the last matchup against the Saints were KC and San Diego. Then they proceed to barely beating a 7-9 team against a 3rd string QB.

What's driving the hype that they're better now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom