“The Bucs are Not the Same Team” (1 Viewer)

Or so I’m being continually told by the media following our win yesterday.

I think it’s nonsense. They are the exact same team. Suspect defensively with an offense that can put up points if you let Brady get comfortable. They barely beat a 7-9 team Saturday to advance. That we throttled them was not because they were a bad team back then and have changed, it’s because we were a much better team and still are.

Regardless, get ready for an onslaught of “beating a team three times is tough” commentary when it’s simply not true. In the 30 times it’s happened, the 2-0 team is 20-10.

Doesn’t mean we win, but it does mean the media narratives are lazy.
Seems like they're ignoring the Saints aren't the same team with the return of some key players...

I think they’re the same team, of course with a great QB that same team can beat any other team on any given day.

HOWEVER, they are saying how much better they are on offense

ummmmm you ended the year playing the following defensively ranked teams. 27th, 29th, 32nd, and 29th
It Gave them False hope

I agree with what you posted about the line play. We beat them by 11 points in the first game. If that's "edge of our teeth", then we have got some big choppers. The real match in coaching IMO is between DA and the Brady/Arians. In the first game the Saints D got 2 interceptions including a pic 6. In the second game, the Saints got 3. If we can get the similar pressure on Brady and similar backend play, I think we will be fine.

Edge of our teeth regarding line play. Our DL played well but our OL looked confused with all the different blitz packages Bowles threw at them.

You can realign your offense to help with edge pressure, or inside pressure.

But you can't do both and the Saints can pressure from both. From multiple levels.

Not the same team because they've added the great unifier Antonio brown? Only the latest in many signings of players with questionable character issues, although his was supposed to also include the potential for future legal trouble! What ever happened to all of that? When they signed him, he had a pending sexual misconduct case among many others, i thought he would be a 3 week rent-a-player before all of that caught up with him. Then nothing! So what's going on?

Locker rooms matter, and the Bucs are full of mercenaries that caused all kinds of issues for their previous teams only to all be choirboys with TB12 in the room supposedly. We'll see!

If the saints get a good start in this game, the Bucs finger pointing will start.

Reggie Bush of the New Orleans Saints carries a bat with him as he... News  Photo - Getty Images

might be time for a bat...

A poster on another thread pointed out some things they’re doing differently (@Jellybean). More Max protect (let your elite WRs have time to create space), more two TE sets.

I’ll be curious to hear from some of the smart football people on here how we counteract that. More zone?

I am by no means a “smarter football guy” but then keeping more blockers means more blitzing from Davis / CGJ. It means CGJ will play closer to the line and we all know how successful he is in that role.

I like those odds

I am by no means a “smarter football guy” but then keeping more blockers means more blitzing from Davis / CGJ. It means CGJ will play closer to the line and we all know how successful he is in that role.

I like those odds

It’s funny You say that. Underhill’s article outlined how Brady has struggled against 5-man rushes. The key being that you need to disguise where the 5th man is coming from.

Brady will have better protection this time around vs. game two. I don't think we'll have near the pressure that we had game 2. Brady has also has had more time to gel with his unit, so he can get the ball out much quicker. In the end- what I think people are saying is that TB will be fielding a healthy, complete unit this weekend. I think that this comes down to trench dominance and coaching.
Let's take a look at there improvement. They have beaten the Vikings, Falcons, Lions, Falcons and the WFootball Team. Oh I so scared.

I’m going with the chip on Payton’s shoulder as well as the one on the shoulders of every player in that locker room. They know what the media is saying.

I guess the memo went out to start singing praises of the Saints.

Both ESPN and NFLNET are all picking the Saints and even tho most of the air time is towards Brady, they keep saying the Saints are the better team.

(Side note: Funny how so little is talked of the Saints - even when they win, most of the talk in on the opponent!)

Last edited:
Coach has built this team to defeat NFC South opponents. This year was a historic success with clean sweep.

I guess the memo went out to start singing praises of the Saints.

Both ESPN and NFLNET are all picking the Saints and even tho most of the air time is towards Brady, they keep saying the Saints are the bettor team.

(Side note: Funny how so little is talked of the Saints - even when they win, most of the talk in on the opponent!)

Ha. Most ESPN.com experts have picked Tampa. Including Matt Bowen, who is their NFL Films/matchup expert.

Or so I’m being continually told by the media following our win yesterday.

I think it’s nonsense. They are the exact same team. Suspect defensively with an offense that can put up points if you let Brady get comfortable. They barely beat a 7-9 team Saturday to advance. That we throttled them was not because they were a bad team back then and have changed, it’s because we were a much better team and still are.

Regardless, get ready for an onslaught of “beating a team three times is tough” commentary when it’s simply not true. In the 30 times it’s happened, the 2-0 team is 20-10.

Doesn’t mean we win, but it does mean the media narratives are lazy.
You are 100000 percent right. In fact I might say they are even worse now. At least when we played them in week 9 they were coming off some quality wins and a demolition of GB. Now all they beat are bad teams.

The hype for the sucanneers is out of this world. We left a lot of points on the table last week.

I really only have one concern and that is Sean needs to get back to opening it up and attacking more. There were a few fourth and shorts where regular season Payton would go for it. Punting from the 36 is inexcusable in the dome. It’s like Jim Mora infiltrated his brain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom