“The Bucs are Not the Same Team” (1 Viewer)

They are definitely playing better. Take for instance, the slow start by the Saints in the Bears game because of Brees, Kamara, and Thomas not having much time playing together this year. It took the Bucs and Brady even longer to gel because they NEVER played together before. Don't you think it's possible for the same rules applied to the Saints apply to the Bucs? Trust me, this will be a MUCH closer game this time.
It may be closer but that doesn’t mean the yucs are better.

After our second game they lost to the rams and chiefs. They have now beaten atlanta twice the Vikings the lions and the foreskins. Color me unimpressed. Their offense might be better but I would argue their defense has gotten worse. I know the LSU homers will say how great White is and against the run and blitzing he is but he simply can’t cover. We will exploit him again.

Last edited:
Both ESPN and NFLNET are all picking the Saints and even tho most of the air time is towards Brady, they keep saying the Saints are the bettor team.

But this is all true and honestly, the national stuff I've seen - nobody has really been arguing that the Bucs are better (aside from Marcellus Wiley maybe). The ones who think the Bucs win, despite not being the better team overall, all attribute that to Brady and his success in the postseason.

And that's valid - as no QB in league history has had more success than Tom. My question is this...

When did Tom Brady beat a team in the playoffs that was better than his team - aside from the freaky 2001 season where they beat a Raiders team that was probably better than the Pats overall and a Rams team that was definitely better?

Since then, the Patriots were basically the class of the league and even in situations where he may have won games on the road in the postseason - how many of those were to teams that were overall better than those Patriots squads.

I'm seriously curious as to how he fares in the postseason when he's not on the best team.

But this is all true and honestly, the national stuff I've seen - nobody has really been arguing that the Bucs are better (aside from Marcellus Wiley maybe). The ones who think the Bucs win, despite not being the better team overall, all attribute that to Brady and his success in the postseason.

And that's valid - as no QB in league history has had more success than Tom. My question is this...

When did Tom Brady beat a team in the playoffs that was better than his team - aside from the freaky 2001 season where they beat a Raiders team that was probably better than the Pats overall and a Rams team that was definitely better?

Since then, the Patriots were basically the class of the league and even in situations where he may have won games on the road in the postseason - how many of those were to teams that were overall better than those Patriots squads.

I'm seriously curious as to how he fares in the postseason when he's not on the best team.

Chiefs in 2018

Chiefs in 2018
Ok. I remember that one being a bit of an "upset" with some sketchy calls going in favor of the Patriots.

But I also see that though that Chiefs team was a top offense, their defense was bottom 10. So aside from it being on the road, were the Chiefs considered the better team overall going in?

Not that it matters, of course...just exploring the narrative that the Brady Magic of the postseason is heavily dependent on him being on teams that were better than their opponents (despite seeding) and played a majority of their postseason games at home.

But yes...the KC game is a good recent example. Thanks!

Ha. Most ESPN.com experts have picked Tampa. Including Matt Bowen, who is their NFL Films/matchup expert.

I guess I wasn't very clear in my post.

I meant as of this a.m., they have changed their tune.

Prior to today, it was all "TB is a different team", etc etc

Let's take a look at there improvement. They have beaten the Vikings, Falcons, Lions, Falcons and the WFootball Team. Oh I so scared.
Who is saying anything about being scared? All that I am saying is (a), they have players back to help with pass protection, and (b) Brady will probably get the ball out fast to negate our pass rush. I said it in another thread, but disrupting their WR/TE routes is probably a good strategy to help offset a QB with quick release and who can progress through reads quickly.

Ive preached that for years, being in the AFC East and AFC in general for 15-20 years their has been a lack of real competition competing for the conference, once you get into the SB then its anyones game, but theirs been times where the NFC spits out real duds that plays into the Patriots hands because the overall NFC team is not as good, '18 Rams for example. Best team the Patriots ever beat in a SB IMO was Seattle, that was because Pete decided to throw instead of run with Lynch. The Patriots have seemingly had all the luck when it comes to AFC playoffs and SB. They too often had the luxury of facing the NFCs 2nd or 3rd best team.

I think the best team they would beat in the AFC that had better rosters during Bradys tenure was the Chargers but Rivers never has been a post season QB hence why Chargers would lose. Even Peyton Mannings teams lacked real talent and the teams he had was pretty much about him.

At the end of the day, teams change throughout the season. Injuries have given quality experience for our backups. We are now close to 100 % healthy as are they.

This is a game where coaching adjustments will make the difference. Payton and Allen get the job done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom