“The First Team To Ever Host Its Own Super Bowl” (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From my point of view, there arent a whole lot of bright spots in the Covid pandemic.. However, one big bright spot is that, with the onslaught of stories we’re about to see about Tampa being the first team to host a Super Bowl in their own stadium (with a QB who JUST got there) is that, due to the virus, their home field advantage will be negligable, and there will always be an enormous asterisk next to this “achievement”.. Honestly, in normal times most attendees of Super Bowls are just corporate shills anyway with no allegiance to either team, but I’m happy that Tampa wont have much of an advantage.

Yea, i am petty af

From my point of view, there arent a whole lot of bright spots in the Covid pandemic.. However, one big bright spot is that, with the onslaught of stories we’re about to see about Tampa being the first team to host a Super Bowl in their own stadium (with a QB who JUST got there) is that, due to the virus, their home field advantage will be negligable, and there will always be an enormous asterisk next to this “achievement”.. Honestly, in normal times most attendees of Super Bowls are just corporate shills anyway with no allegiance to either team, but I’m happy that Tampa wont have much of an advantage.

Yea, i am petty af

Yeah, no.

No asterisk on this one. If tampa gets to host their own super bowl that's a fantastic achievement for the team and city. Like you said the Super bowl is mostly non-fans anyway, so it's not like they are missing out on that. The city will still be exploding with excitement.

Lol, yeah right

ETA I think the Packers will actually pull it out, but I’m being preemptively salty in case the Bucs win.. And if the Bucs win, the city will be nothing special

Well you're right about being salty.

Yeah, no.

No asterisk on this one. If tampa gets to host their own super bowl that's a fantastic achievement for the team and city. Like you said the Super bowl is mostly non-fans anyway, so it's not like they are missing out on that. The city will still be exploding with excitement.

Yeah, i don't understand the steadfast commitment to downplaying every team's success but those of our Saints...

Tampa had an incredible season. A 43 year old quarterback, the GOAT no question.

There's definitely a few players I really dislike on their team, but that's with every team...

Happy for them. I love football. Who Dat.

If this was a non-Covid season there is no way the league would allow the Bucs to host a Super Bowl. But as mentioned - with limited fans, limited events and limited travel, the league could allow things to play out. I guess.

Only positive from this game is that it makes Brees look even better, since he has all the records, Rodgers underperformed today and they have an equal # of Super Bowls.

Wow, what a coincidence that the year that there can’t be too many fans at the game, the home team is in the Super Bowl. I mean, any other year, the city would take a big financial hit from the lack of traveling fans. But not much traveling this year anyway. That is such an amazing coincidence. The NFL couldn’t have planned it any better. But of course they don’t plan those types of things.

This morning I saw they announced that the teams can't get to Tampa till the Friday before the game due to covid instead of a week before like usual. I don't know how big a difference it makes but that is another advantage for Tampa.

If this was a non-Covid season there is no way the league would allow the Bucs to host a Super Bowl. But as mentioned - with limited fans, limited events and limited travel, the league could allow things to play out. I guess.
You can make a conspiracy out of anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom