0-4... here we come... then 4-4... then 7-9. Just feels like destiny. (1 Viewer)

Ok sure Chiefs fans thought they were done last year at 1-5. You just never know in this league and again, it's not like we are getting blown away here.

Well I'm not a clairvoyant, so I can't predict the future. I'm also not going to assume the worst at all times, or determine that just because something happened one way in the past, it has to always do so going forward.

My point is that this is not over, and anything can happen in this league.

Every other time we’ve rode the 7-9 rollercoaster we’ve had a far below average to urine-poor defense. We might still not have an awesome defense this year due to injuries, but after the last two weeks I feel safe in saying that DA’s coaching will ensure it will not be urine-poor.

That kind of crossing off W's and L's never works. I have no idea what their record is going to be but there are *always* surprises.

Normally i'd say yea... but not this season... These first two games were are most winnable along with next week against the clowns. Then look at our games after that... Not pretty.

Yep.... Two tough losses with winnable games.

Teams confidence is gonna take another hit.

Then you look at our schedule....

At best we will be 1-6 before going into San Fran, 0-7 possibly. Our schedule is murderous.

The long wait for football, then the epic failure and realising our season is already over.

We will be in the top 5 picks of next years draft.

Positive spin? We could maybe get a real pass rusher?
Confidence gets hit by the way you lose and when you look at the decisions that cost the game and lose faith in who is making the decisions and the recurring patterns in those decisions.

This team is decimated with injuries at key positions and some of their best role players are laid up along with a couple who were suppose to be difference makers. We need Delvin Breaux, Josh Hill, Michael Hoomanawanui, Austin Johnson, Sheldon Rankins, Hau'oli Kikaha, Danell Ellerbe, and P.J. Williams. Williams can't get the game experience he needs due to staying injured. It also would have been nice to have had Keenan Lewis be able to come back. Coby Fleener seems like he's having a hard time grasping things or hasn't developed a chemistry with Brees yet. Either way we are desperately needing help at the Tight End Position. Why can't Stephone Anthony get on the field more? He was our best defensive player last year. I also think Vaughn Bell should play more. To me Byrd has done nothing to justify his $56,000,000 salary. The Saints have wasted so much money and it's showing in the caliber of backup's it is able to put on the field at certain positions. Poor personnel decisions are eating them alive. I think our drafts have improved but our free agent moves have a lot to be desired. Spiller and Fleener are prime examples. They could have used that money wiser. All in all it is what it is. The Saints are winging it with what they've got week to week. Hopefully we see some of the injured players coming back soon.

Last edited:
If Saints are going to have another losing season, I'd rather be so bad we get a high draft pick

I can not wait to pull this thread up at the end of the season.

We have lost two games by a few points. I can understand the jumping ship and frustration, but the defense, even after losing quality staters looks so different than the out of place mess that Ryan had them playing the past few years. They will turn this thing around.

We will finish 10-6 and make the playoffs. Keep the faith!!!!!!

Okay, i hope you're right, but our schedule is brutal. You tell me which ten games in our remaining schedule we are winning.

Bad teams dont lose 2 games by a combined 4 points.

Actually thats exactly what they do lol... last week we found ways to lose... Same thing with this week, except opposite side of the ball, with turnover after turnover handed to them by our defense. 4 turnovers and -7 pts, really -10 if you count the fg.

Thats what bad teams do... find ways to lose regardless of the circumstances. Last week it was 22 pts given up in the 4th quarter. This week it was wasting turnovers and receivers dropping balls everywhere, and the offense turning into complete poo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom