06' Saints vs. 07' Giants (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
WHo do you think would win in this game... i would have to go with our team last year...but i dont think we would beat this year's Packers.

I think the Giants would win. They are playing with great confidence; and although they have marginally better cornerbacks than we do at this point due to injury, their defensive line gets CONSISTENT pressure on its own. Add to that a solid LB corp that is more versatile and athletic than ours makes their defense strides better than ours. Last year when we needed it worst, we had no #2 WR to come up with a big catch or even a solid TE. The Giants have at least that and can be physical establishing the run. Drew is a better QB, but with growing confidence, Eli is closing the gap and coming into his own. If we played with more balance and relied on the running game a bit more (even though against NY's secondary Payton would probably opt to spread it out and throw it like he wanted to agianst Chicago) we would have a solid chance of winning. It would come down to whose defense came up with the most stops. Granted, last year, or defense overacheived and came up big in big spots, but I believe we won against Phili becuase their coach made the wrong decision on a few occasions. I also would have believe that other Manning would have killed us in the Superbowl. This years Giants are a better team in 2/3 phases. Offense is the only toss up. This years Giants have shown they can play the Patriots close, which I don't believe we could have done last year with last years Patriots.

This years Giants. Let's be realistic.

We win the QB battle, but Eli is not as bad as people think.

They win the WR. Colston is the best of all 3, but their 2nd and below beat ours, in my opinion.

RB is close. I think we have it, because while Jacobs is pretty good, last year our combo with Duece worked pretty well.

O-line - Push

Defense - Giants. All of it.

That's what puts them over the edge. Their defense.

But we all already knew that, didn't we?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom