07 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's too early to call our draft class a bust. Is it more accurate to wait at least 5 years for our rookies to prove themselves?
Just something to think about.

P.S.
Sorry if this was already posted.

Way too early. Give Meachem a year or two to get moving, some of the O lineman may contribute this year and develop into quality starting material.

I expect Meachum and Usama Young to impress us this year, and some of the oline guys could also prove to be good picks. It is way too early to call the picks busts whe nmost of them haven't gotton enough playing time.

yes. I think it's too early. Meachem should be a starter this year, U. Young could be a starter this year, Alleman could be a starter this year, and Bushrod may wind up in the lineup soon as well. Mitchell looks to be a developing LB that played well on special teams. And you have to include Pierre Thomas in this draft class, and he looks to have a bright future as well. I think the draft class of 2007 may turn out to be one of the more productive drafts this franchise has seen in the past few years, along with 2006.

It is far too early to make judgements yet but there are still lots of questions -

Meachem - we'll see after this training camp. He has all the physical tools and ability but can he put it together?

Young - he really started to come on mid season as his PT increased but he hit a wall late in season. Will he step or end up as another nickel/dime?

Alleman - I watched him carefully last preseason. My conclusion? He's a long, long way off. He got tossed around like a ragdoll by camp body DTs. His best shot in the NFL might be at Center due to his 295 lb weight

Pittman - well I consider Pierre Thomas as this pick since that's who was cut to keep Thomas. Good pick using my criteria.

Bushrod - He has the perfect blend of size and athletic ability for LT. The Saints have a LT already so could he slide over to RT (or perhaps Brown could move back to RT)? He was still raw last TC how much has he progressed?

Jones - he's a Bengal now. Not that I wish any young player to fail but I really, really hope that keeping guys like Jason Craft and Fred Thomas doesn't one day have us regretting cutting Jones.

Mitchell - well at the very least he made the 53 man roster and played ST. If he sticks this year and continues to play ST he'll be successful 7th rounder.

Most if not all of these questions will be answered during training camp........

Last edited:
Meachem - He contributed nothing this year, last year Reggie was a good pick
Young - not a starter, last year we had like 5 or 6 rookie starters

Alleman - not much out of him, couldn't displace nesbit, now may have to.

Pittman - Pierre Thomas won't start next year, but he is a lot better than Pittman.

Bushrod - who knows , but as a rookie he has contributed nothing

Jones - I really liked jones, and we shall see how he does when given a chance.

Mitchell - well we got something out of our 7th rounder : amazing considering how little we got from the first 6. But Colston was drafted here last year, so I think we could have done better although this pick doesn't bother me.

The pick that hurts, is Meachem. This year we need a draft like their first one. almost all winners

I'm wondering if it's too early to call our draft class a bust. Is it more accurate to wait at least 5 years for our rookies to prove themselves?
Just something to think about.

P.S.
Sorry if this was already posted.

nobody from the draft class has really even played, you cant call them anything...but backups at this point...give them a chance, we use "bust" on this forum to losely....somebody drops a pass "he's a bust", you cant call player a bust until he is outa the league, or is cut and never picked up by someone...that to me is a bust, everything else is just not getting the production you thought you would get.

Meachem - He contributed nothing this year, last year Reggie was a good pick
Young - not a starter, last year we had like 5 or 6 rookie starters

Alleman - not much out of him, couldn't displace nesbit, now may have to.

Pittman - Pierre Thomas won't start next year, but he is a lot better than Pittman.

Bushrod - who knows , but as a rookie he has contributed nothing

Jones - I really liked jones, and we shall see how he does when given a chance.

Mitchell - well we got something out of our 7th rounder : amazing considering how little we got from the first 6. But Colston was drafted here last year, so I think we could have done better although this pick doesn't bother me.

The pick that hurts, is Meachem. This year we need a draft like their first one. almost all winners

You have a bad attitude, you seem like your the type, to find something bad to say about anything, u haven't considered giving not one player a chance....you'll never get to enjoy the climb out of mediocrity (atleast) with that attitude, building a team and easy and it don't happen overnight, enjoy this time, cause we got a Coach that wants to win and has a plan, and knows what needs to be done, right it out with us man, its to easy to give up on players because they don't immediatly impress you.

I think Meachem, Bushrod, Alleman and Young can all be good players. The problem is that only one of those guys is a defensive player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom