'08 Back-up QB (1 Viewer)

Achilles

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Recommendations? Wish-list?
Candidates? Stand-pat?

look at fa's.. coach up palko.. dont' give up draft picks for it. not in the boat we are in needs. NO backup QB will take us anywhere if Brees goes down anyhow. Not likely another brady sitting waiting.

Josh McKown and Chris Redman are both FAs. I expect ATL to draft a QB so Redman could be cut loose there. McKown is in a crowd of Raiders QBs.

Remember Redman this year against us....

what about the kid from hawaii? i dont know about him anyone give me any insight. all i know is he is 6'2 185 lbs. maybe he falls down in the draft and can be snagged up.

i personally feel and will get flamed on this on. i am not a lsu homer but what about matt flynn. i think he just needs a good coach. i think he can be very good. i think his system at lsu hindered him. staring down reciever and change of game plans. he has definitely shown he can handle pressure mentally ( big games) i think i would get him if i could. i think he will be a big time player. i think he could be a top 5 Qb in the mold of a pocket passing romo who can complete the passes. i personally feel he will be a great NFL QB.

ok proceed to blast away.

Last edited:
Alex Brink. If Wazzu had a defense, he'd be getting tons of press.

What's wrong with Martin?

Well, he'll be 38 in a couple of weeks. Age is a little less of a concern in his role but I'd think the team has to be thinking soon about his eventual replacement on the roster.

what about the kid from hawaii? i dont know about him anyone give me any insight. all i know is he is 6'2 185 lbs. maybe he falls down in the draft and can be snagged up.
Colt Brennan. If we do well Defensively in FA and he's there maybe 3rd, then def. yes. i know he looked bad against GA but my God he had no time.
Quick Glimpse:
'05: 10 of 12 gms started total offense yards (4,455) 4,301 yards passing & 35 TDs. Against New Mexico State (Oct. 15), Brennan posted career-high numbers in passing yards (515), touchdowns (7), and pass completions (38). He also had nine 300+ yard performances on the season, including four 400+ yard games and a 515-yard performance.
06: Brennan finished sixth in the 2006 Heisman race, behind winner Troy Smith, Darren McFadden, Brady Quinn, Steve Slaton, and Mike Hart.[8] During the season, Colt Brennan threw for 5,549 yards, 58 touchdowns, and the highest passer efficiency in America, finishing the regular season with a 185.96 rating, and completed 72.6% of his passes.
07: 4,343 pass yds. 70.4%, 38 TDs, & a QB Rating of 159.8

Yeah, I agree. I am a BIG fan of getting him esp. 3rd or later. watched him a couple of times he throws very similar to Brees, quick & very acc., but probably with more arm strength than Brees. Not that I'm complaining.

Flynn will prob. be a career B/UP but he has good QB qualities.

Walter from OAK. He never had a chance, as the Raiders went with the experienced McCown behind that OL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom