09/13/2008 - Ohio State visits University of Southern California. (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
Even though it is true in some years, this should put into perspective that USC isn't playing a wuss out-of-conference schedule next season. FWIW, they also play UVA and Notre Dame. The rest of their schedule is the standard Pac10 Round Robin schedule:

Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State, Washington State, Arizona, Washington, Cal, Stanford and UCLA.

There were some interenet rumors that they'd be adding a series with Syracuse home/away in 2008 and 2010 but I'm not sure if they ever sealed the deal. Also, USC will be traveling to Columbus, Ohio in 2009 to play the Buckeyes.

TPS

I don't think UVA is gonna is going to do much next season.

To be honest, they weren't much this season, outside of highly entertaining and gutsy last second wins.

>>To be honest, they weren't much this season, outside of highly entertaining and gutsy last second wins.

They are a mid-card team. Notre Dame are jobbers though everyone seems to think they're headed in the right direction (not sure they can go anywhere but up :covri: ). Ohio State, like me, is a main event opponent.

TPS

USC and Ohio State both usually schedule a "big time" opponent the past few years, this year was the exception for both (USC tried and whiffed with 5-7 Nebraska who was supposed to be better than they where) I wish LSU would step up and try and get a home and home with a big team like OU or Texas now that their commitment with V-Tech is finished up.

USC and Ohio State both usually schedule a "big time" opponent the past few years, this year was the exception for both (USC tried and whiffed with 5-7 Nebraska who was supposed to be better than they where) I wish LSU would step up and try and get a home and home with a big team like OU or Texas now that their commitment with V-Tech is finished up.

They did try to get a deal worked out with OU a few years ago, but each team had scheduling conflicts. Would like to see them work something out though.

And smart of USC to schedule OSU early, in case they lose....it give the entire season for the loss to be forgotten, except for the fact that it was a top 5 opponent they lost to.

And smart of USC to schedule OSU early, in case they lose....it give the entire season for the loss to be forgotten, except for the fact that it was a top 5 opponent they lost to.

Might not even matter though. OSU and LSU both lost their last reg. season game and look where they were.

>>Arkansas would be the only SEC team that they would have the guts to schedule. They wouldn't dare schedule Florida or LSU because they know what would happen.

Speaking of Arkansas and guts, there was a thread a while back where we discussed their upcoming schedules for 2008, 2009 and 2010. They probably aren't gonna be that successful in the next couple of years.

2008 Home: Western Illinois, ULM (Little Rock), Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Utah State, LSU (Little Rock)

2008 Away: Texas, Auburn, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi State

Then there's 2009.

2009 Home: Texas, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, South Carolina
2009 Away: Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, LSU

Brutal IMHO.

TPS

Arkansas would be the only SEC team that they would have the guts to schedule. They wouldn't dare schedule Florida or LSU because they know what would happen.

Your assuming that LSU or Florida would actually want to sched. USC.

USC does a better job than almost all SEC schools when it comes to OOC schedules. They have only 3 slots to fill and on a given year I would think ND and Nebraska would be good teams, I am sure Nebraska wasnt 5-7 when the game was set. The only reason LSU had VA Tech on the schedule last year was the fulfillment of a deal 7 or so years prior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom