1-5 Stars, how bad was Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick last night? (1 Viewer)

I mute the TV and don't listen to anyone. I don't need those clowns to tell me what's going on. I can see for myself.

AT least 2 s bombs that I heard and 1 F bomb. That made the whole broadcast worth it. Although I'd like to know at what point they will stop showing that stupid Beast Quake run from 2010 playoffs. We were down to signing RB's off the street and we had all kinds of other injuries.
We were on our 8th running back. But our running backs weren't the ones who were supposed to tackle Lynch.

I worry about next week. You know Evans is a bit sore about Latt dominating him so often, so I'm assuming he's going to take a note from Metcalf and start shoving Latt away from the play in an effort to get a retaliation flag.

Latt has to keep his cool and let his dominant play do the talking for him.
He should take some lessons from CGJ on how to be the one prompting the retaliation. Although CGJ did get one called on him last night. But, I'm sure Lattimore will be ready for it since the coaching staff will be sure to point it out to him. And, he owns Evans.

I like Louis Riddick. He’s very levelheaded, articulate, and knowledgeable of the game. Keep him and pair him with another PxP guy. If the could have kept Brad Nessler or Mike Tirico, either one of them paired with Riddick would have been great. Send Levy back to hockey and ditch Griese altogether.

I like Louis Riddick. He’s very levelheaded, articulate, and knowledgeable of the game. Keep him and pair him with another PxP guy. If the could have kept Brad Nessler or Mike Tirico, either one of them paired with Riddick would have been great. Send Levy back to hockey and ditch Griese altogether.
I think Riddick is good as a draft guy or a studio guy, but I don't think he added much of anything as a color guy last night. And Griese was just wrong and awful. He makes his dad look good. And Levy is not a good play by play guy. Just an overall bad crew that seems to have no chemistry.

I recall on our last drive one of them went off on how Winston missed Kamara wide open on the left. Then they showed the replay and it was obvious that the safety was sitting over the top of Kamara and it would have been nearly impossible to fit the ball in. And mistakes like that were repeated over and over.

I worry about next week. You know Evans is a bit sore about Latt dominating him so often, so I'm assuming he's going to take a note from Metcalf and start shoving Latt away from the play in an effort to get a retaliation flag.

Latt has to keep his cool and let his dominant play do the talking for him.
In all seriousness how do they not flag Metcalf on any of those? He started all the altercations.

That's not Lattimore's MO to start things with guys. Gardner-Johnson, yes. But Lattimore, no.

Man it was hard to watch… My how ESPN has fallen over the years.

Felt like I was watching a division 2 college game on ESPN 8. For a nationally televised game it was just awful.

Another network needs to outbid EPSN when there contract is up..

Wound up switching over to Eli and Peyton..
Meh. I had them on MUTE!

Same for The Mannings with their guests... (Except Drew, of course.)

(I had two TV's on - it's complicated...) : - )

Maybe a 2? Those pre-planned stat graphics are TERRIBLE and super corny. The announcers don't seem to have any enthusiasm and bring little to the table, but they also mostly stayed out of the way.

Viscerally cannot stand Brian Griese.

Watched Mannings the first time and loved it all. It really helped with the butt-ugly game.

Appreciated Brady complimenting Saints dbs and Adebo.

He's just setting up his excuses for next week! LOL
Or just setting up Adebo to go after him. Old Man is crafty like that.

My exact thought process.

Prop the rookie up last night, then mercilessly target him next week until it's proven he can cover his assignment (likely going to be a mix between Godwin and Brown)
The other option is Latt on Evans, which hasn't worked out historically. Adebo, Roby, etc. better be ready.

I usually don't complain about biases.

They completely ignored Metcalf's OPI and his obvious punk moves. It wasn't until the second half when Riddick finally kind of called him out.
The only time it bothers me is in the preseason when they have the homer crew doing the game and it’s to be expected.

Last night was insane. At one point, Roby came up and literally flipped Penny in the air and the remark with zero enthusiasm was “Penny”….. what!? Like he was give them ball for a unremarkable 2 yard gain.

On the roughing the passer on Winston, they excused the hit, said “he hit him below the chin” and “it was unlucky”… the replay showed Winston leaning back on the pile and defender puts the crown of his helmet in Winston’s face.

At the beginning of the game, apparently they could tell by Lat’s body language that he was intimidated by DK… Never give him credit for completely sitting him down after one fluke play…

But it was more subtle things all night.

I had no other option but to listen…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom