1-5 Stars, how bad was Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick last night? (1 Viewer)

Man it was hard to watch… My how ESPN has fallen over the years.

Felt like I was watching a division 2 college game on ESPN 8. For a nationally televised game it was just awful.

Another network needs to outbid EPSN when there contract is up..

Wound up switching over to Eli and Peyton..
Only internet at home; no actual TV, so I have to catch streams of Saints games however I can. I didn't mind Levy much when he was a SportsCenter anchor back in the day, but I found myself cussing the computer screen multiple times last night. Apparently, ESPN is just telling announcers to be as bombastic and idiotic as possible. Tessitore and Booger weren't too much better the past few years before this year.

Makes me miss the days of Al, Frank and Dan! And even more so, Dandy Don and Howard Cosell, though I was in diapers when they did the show :)

I liked how they said 'Seattle has dominated the first half' as we were driving down the field to score right before the half.

Seattle had 57 yards outside of their one big play at that point.

Those guys were awful.

Depends on the context. On the scoreboard, we had 3 points until there was, what, 40 seconds left? Yardage is an absolutely pointless metric when you're down.

Viscerally cannot stand Brian Griese.

Watched Mannings the first time and loved it all. It really helped with the butt-ugly game.

Appreciated Brady complimenting Saints dbs and Adebo.

Depends on the context. On the scoreboard, we had 3 points until there was, what, 40 seconds left? Yardage is an absolutely pointless metric when you're down.
Sure, completely agreed on the context. And normally I'd say it's hard to 'dominate' a half with a 3 point lead...could be massive ToP advantage, yardage advantage, etc and maybe had a bit of bad luck to miss some scores.

But there was none of that. Seattle trailed in every meaningful category except holding on, barely, to a 3 point lead. It was an utterly non-sensical comment and I can only assume that the announcer misspoke or otherwise was just throwing out random statements to fill the air time.

Absolutely horrible. I switched to Eli and Peyton in the 4th to catch some conversation with Drew. Should have switched earlier. I have sirius, I need to figure out how to get the WWL feed while watching broadcasts. Can I just use the sirius app and put that through my sound bar, I guess?

ESPN just can't find anyone to do this job and I am perplexed as to why? I think Tessitore wasn't bad. Booger was awful, but the actual call wasn't bad.

. . . .

So I muted it and fired up the WWL feed on my Sirius.

Have to say...I really, really like Mike Hoss calling the games with Deuce. He's got a good voice and I like how he lets his homer flag fly (he was calling out the egregious poor spots in the first half). And I didn't always love Deuce on the mic but he was awesome last night. Called out coverages and added a lot of interesting tidbits.

It was a little tricky getting everything synched up but it was really nice once I did and I plan to do that going forward each week -- especially for the Tampa game where I can only assume it will be a national Brady slobber-fest.
Tell me more. I have sirius, is there somewhere specific I can get the WWL feed?

Tell me more. I have sirius, is there somewhere specific I can get the WWL feed?

Sirius broadcasts the feed from each teams local network (and a national Westwood One feed for primetime games). The usually carry them on their overflow sports stations, so you have to google which channel it will be on - or use this link to set up a reminder: https://www.siriusxm.com/sports/nfl/new-orleans-saints

Once you click the listen live link during the game, it should open in the app and i broadcast it to my soundbar via bluetooth (or you can listen over ear buds or a speaker - whatever works for you.)

The feed was a full minute or so behind, so I had to pause the game and wait for the radio feed to catch up. Once it did, I had to do a little pausing to synch it up just right. But it was worth it.

The only issue is that you can't channel surf during commercials because you are a full minute behind the live tv broadcast - and you can't dip into the gameday thread because you will see some spoilers.

But again, it was worth it to not hear that abysmal MNF crew.

I liked how they said 'Seattle has dominated the first half' as we were driving down the field to score right before the half.

Seattle had 57 yards outside of their one big play at that point.

Those guys were awful.
He meant to say "Seattle has dominated the first half coverage" -- if anyone was just listening and not watching the on field action they wouldn't have known the Saints were even playing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom