1 more WR (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Who will it be FA or draft?

Payton normally keeps 5 or 6 and we have 3 locks with Thomas, Sanders and Harris and Smith is in the his job to lose category (hopefully year 3 he puts it together.

1. Thomas
2. Sanders
3. Smith
4. Someone to compete with Smith
5. Harris
6. Hogan, Butler, Humphrey or ???

Does the team still target a WR at 24 or with Sanders signed wait till later in the draft?

Who will it be FA or draft?

Payton normally keeps 5 or 6 and we have 3 locks with Thomas, Sanders and Harris and Smith is in the his job to lose category (hopefully year 3 he puts it together.

1. Thomas
2. Sanders
3. Smith
4. Someone to compete with Smith
5. Harris
6. Hogan, Butler, Humphrey or ???

Does the team still target a WR at 24 or with Sanders signed wait till later in the draft?

It could depend on what goes on between picks 1-23. If there’s a willing trade partner out there, you know the Saints will trade up. I think the “BPA” strategy is likely now that Sanders is in the fold. And I’m back and forth in my mind on whether it should be LB or WR. Can’t lose either way, really, especially if we can move up cheaply.

I feel an elite LB is the choice.

A close second choice would be DE. Remember, we don’t know if Davenport can fully stay healthy due a career-nagging injury and Cam isn’t getting any younger

Third choice would be CB or WR for extra depth

Now, if we somehow get Clay Mathews (Pro Bowler; had more sacks than all of our LBs minus Davis combined) and Everson Griffen, then we’d truly be in a position to draft the BPA

I'm not judging the quality, but we do have quantity under contract. Here are the 10 WR's under contract:

Michael Thomas
Emmanuel Sanders
Tre’Quan Smith
Deonte Harris
Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Emmanuel Butler
Krishawn Hogan
Maurice Harris
Tommylee Lewis
Tim White

An elite athlete at wr will certainly be available at 24 and will assuredly be BPA.

I think this is the best wr draft since 1996.

No linebacker is as good as any of the top 5 wrs.

It's not even close.

The only position i would potentially pass up a wr in rd 1 for is QB or DE.

Cooks wanted out MT’s rookie year because he saw how great MT was. If Cooks didn’t want to be in MT’s shadow then, I don’t see him wanting to live in the darkness under MT now.
Even worse is Cooks was never #1 quality when he was here.

Brees has always needed bigger guys like Colston and MT to play that role in consistently fighting for tough yards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom