#1 recruit in nation flips from FSU to Jackson St (1 Viewer)

Currently there's no limit on the amount a student-athlete can earn from NIL. I can certainly see something like what you bring up as happening, but I don't know all the rules related to NIL that may prevent a single source as providing a large amount of money.

i remember reading that it could differ from school to school, based on state laws/conference rules

Currently there's no limit on the amount a student-athlete can earn from NIL. I can certainly see something like what you bring up as happening, but I don't know all the rules related to NIL that may prevent a single source as providing a large amount of money.
The scenario I'm thinking of goes something like...Rich alum of X University has a nationwide corporation selling X goods. His company has several different models...auto dealerships, shopping malls, convenience stores, etc.....He offers a NIL to a kid on the condition they come and play for X University. With different types of products, he could do this with a few kids (spokespersons). And that's only ONE alum, if there are several..... I don't know the rules either, but this is what worries me.

The scenario I'm thinking of goes something like...Rich alum of X University has a nationwide corporation selling X goods. His company has several different models...auto dealerships, shopping malls, convenience stores, etc.....He offers a NIL to a kid on the condition they come and play for X University. With different types of products, he could do this with a few kids (spokespersons). And that's only ONE alum, if there are several..... I don't know the rules either, but this is what worries me.

they arent SUPPOSED to.....but we all know how well Boosters/Alum/Schools follow rules. Someone would have to PROVE the kid chose X over Y school for the NIL endorsement and i dont know how you do this. All he has to say is he "liked X better".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom