1 Vs. 11, This Is Why We Are 6-2 (1 Viewer)

jojo223

Earn It!!!
Reaction score
Reggie may not have mind numbing stats, but when he has everyone keying in on him as in all of our games, he takes the attention off of everyone. Look at today, the last 3 TD passes were play actions to Reggie. Now if you know football, you know that if that one player takes all the attention away from the rest of the team he is doing his job. Thats why Devery and Colston had huge days. Stop bickering and enjoy the ride.

Agreed, I think that we may be feeding him the ball more when he is in the game to set this up. People are asking why are we letting Bush get some of Deuce's carries? I think one, he is a little banged up right now. Two, I think that when bringing Bush in to carry the ball and sticking with it actually to the point where it looks like we are trying to make a statement of getting him the ball, when Bush is in the game. It really makes the PA work well, I mean the passing TD's we had today were incredible. I used to get kind of mad when I kept hearing the word "decoy" being tossed around so much here and on ESPN. Well, after todays game I am very comfortable with that word and I actually was able to see more of it. I do think that Bush will come around as a runner though.

Just another excuse to dismiss reggie's short commings as a running back.

So what you're saying is that if colston wins ROY and not Reggie then Reggie should get the credit anyway?

I wanna see how many of our "big plays" Reggie was in on. I seriously need to see this. I've recently discovered SOPcast, so now I can hopefully catch the rest of the games, but to this point, how overstated IS his presence on the field? I find this topic's name to be a blatant smack in the face of the TALENTS POSSESSED AND PROPERLY UTILIZED BY OUR OTHER PLAYERS.

Reggie does play a good decoy role which i love!...but he needs to step it up to continue getting that much attention.

I wanna see how many of our "big plays" Reggie was in on. I seriously need to see this. I've recently discovered SOPcast, so now I can hopefully catch the rest of the games, but to this point, how overstated IS his presence on the field? I find this topic's name to be a blatant smack in the face of the TALENTS POSSESSED AND PROPERLY UTILIZED BY OUR OTHER PLAYERS.

Wow, a smack in the face. I am saying he makes others play to a higher level. Not knocking anyone in particular.

Linebackers sell out to get to Reggie anytime the ball goes to him...that's why play action works. And his pass catching ability make the entire offense crazy good. And yes, the rest of the players on offense are definetly great. Drew Brees is the MVP in my opinion...what a great job getting the ball to our WR's.

Wow, a smack in the face. I am saying he makes others play to a higher level. Not knocking anyone in particular.

1 vs 11, man?

Come on, this is the on the level of hyperbole that NFL fans have had to deal with since the day Reggie Bush declared.

Sean Payton is something of an offensive mind, I think he could elicit similar OFFENSIVE TEAM success with or without Bush. Barring injury, we'll never know for certain, but just the topic name alone suggests that Bush is THE REASON why our offense knows so much as its left from its right foot.

Agreed, I think that we may be feeding him the ball more when he is in the game to set this up. People are asking why are we letting Bush get some of Deuce's carries? I think one, he is a little banged up right now. Two, I think that when bringing Bush in to carry the ball and sticking with it actually to the point where it looks like we are trying to make a statement of getting him the ball, when Bush is in the game. It really makes the PA work well, I mean the passing TD's we had today were incredible. I used to get kind of mad when I kept hearing the word "decoy" being tossed around so much here and on ESPN. Well, after todays game I am very comfortable with that word and I actually was able to see more of it. I do think that Bush will come around as a runner though.

Three, the only way reggie is ever going to become an effective runner is by gaining live game experience. The MOST important one though is ONE. McAllister is really not healthy right now. If he were, he'd get more carries and the play action to Deuce or to Reggie would open up the deep middle.

It's possible to praise one guy w/o dissing the other.

But when you watch the game......just notice how many people are around regggie when he gets the ball. It's an inordinate number more often than not. No one is saying that reggie is the only reason. But he is a major factor, especially right now while Deuce is trying to get healthy. psssssssssst, it's a good thing.

But Bush is hurt himself, and -5 yards is NEVER a positive thing. Yes, when Reggie Bush gets the ball, people are gonna move toward him. What are they supposed to do, walk the yard markers in a straight line from one end of the field to the other and let him go free?

But Bush is hurt himself, and -5 yards is NEVER a positive thing. Yes, when Reggie Bush gets the ball, people are gonna move toward him. What are they supposed to do, walk the yard markers in a straight line from one end of the field to the other and let him go free?

And when they fake the ball to him people go to him, and like today that leaves Henderson streaking down the middle of the field by his lonesome. I think people are just trying to help thier fellow fans understand the actual impact Reggie is having on the offense. When you have things happening like the mental midget from Baltimore (Brian Scott??) I think it is obvious that Reggie has an impact on opposing defenses.

One of the sportscasters, I forgot which one, even said that Kiffin killed himself today by making sure that whenever Bush was on the field everyone on the defense would react to wherever Bush why and spy him. It was crazy to see a whole defense move to whatever side of the field Bush was and that is why our wideouts and Brees had the time and space to read and react and thrash their D.

I think Reggie is a hue distraction to the opposing defenses... and the role of Decoy has helped... But like the boy who cried wolf, the decoy ahs to show a reason for being a decoy... WHEN are we going to actually fake it to Duece and pitch it to Reggie???? Do that a couple of tmes and the decoy remains effective.........

It's possible to praise one guy w/o dissing the other.

But when you watch the game......just notice how many people are around regggie when he gets the ball. It's an inordinate number more often than not. No one is saying that reggie is the only reason. But he is a major factor, especially right now while Deuce is trying to get healthy. psssssssssst, it's a good thing.

a lot of people are around him mostly because he dances around in the backfield for a few seconds, and runs from sideline to sideline. get over the bush hype. if it wasnt for "bush" on the back of his jersey, everyone would want deuce in there more often. think about it, if that was michael bennett doing what reggie is doing right now, you would criticize payton for not allowing deuce more playing time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom