1 Vs. 11, This Is Why We Are 6-2 (1 Viewer)

lmao and y'all say we're bad about Vick :). The decoy 'claim' is WAY overused and overrated. He could still be a good player, but just admit that he hasnt played well.

Reggie does more without the football in his hands than any other player in the league. But it is Colston who went up made a catch and held onto the ball when he got drilled in the back, not Reggie. It was Brees who it Devery in stride down the field twice, not Bush. He does help us get favorable matchups though. Now once the rest of the league figures out he couldn't find a hole to save his you know what...this all may stop. Does Reggie have a girlfriend?

all of that is fine but he still needs to run the ball toward the endzone and not the sideline.

I think Reggie is a hue distraction to the opposing defenses... and the role of Decoy has helped... But like the boy who cried wolf, the decoy ahs to show a reason for being a decoy... WHEN are we going to actually fake it to Duece and pitch it to Reggie???? Do that a couple of tmes and the decoy remains effective.........

I'll bet Payton has some special plays for when we play the Falcons again. He didn't have to use them the first time (we were up 14-3 in first quarter)
and he is smart enough to save them for when needed. Beating division opponents is crucial. All the trick plays (reggie pass, horn pass, reverses) show that teams have to respect our running/passing game and can't sell out to stop either one.

give me a break, rather give bush a break. its 8 games and yeh others have been much more successful in their 8 games but LORD. Be patient. We are winning! Bush gets -5 yards and we still win. I could care less if he continues to do this as long as we win. I mean yall have to realize that SOMETHING good is happening with him in there. we are 6-2 he won a game with his return. he has made important conversions. Don't get all freaked out by the stats. Be patient and be happy.

It's possible to praise one guy w/o dissing the other.

But when you watch the game......just notice how many people are around regggie when he gets the ball. It's an inordinate number more often than not. No one is saying that reggie is the only reason. But he is a major factor, especially right now while Deuce is trying to get healthy. psssssssssst, it's a good thing.

+1000 for this.... geez people can you just be happy that we're winning? He'll come around, but I can honestly tell you that I'll take Reggie again with the number 2 pick if we had to do it all over again. If you don't see how he is helping our offense then you just don't want to see it.

Look at the replay of the game.
THREE times the ball was faked to Bush, and THREE times our recievers were WIDE OPEN. C'mon people, I don't care if Reggie gets -58 yards rushing per game, as long as we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello???
Drew will find the open man, and someone will have single coverage on Devery, Marques, or Joe. The LB's freeze with the play action keeping them from getting ample depth for quick posts, and the safety often over commits, thus no help "over the top".....
I am disappointed too that Reggie hasn't exploded this year. He has however caused big time headaches for the other teams defense, (except Ravens)
Do you honestly think that we would be 6-2, without Reggie's "small" contribution to our TEAM????
I agree that Drew is our MVP, but geez.....
So what if he's a decoy making 60 million, we are 6-2.......
Sorry, I said that already...... :)

Funny how everyone's sentiment changed from "Bush is our big play guy, start him over Deuce!" to "Decoy? BRILLIANT!"

If I'd told ya'll that Bush was gonna be most effective in this manner back in June, ya'll woulda ran me off this forum on a red-hot rail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, but I don't want us to get like the Vick fanatics... those who call him the second coming of Jesus when he doesn't suck, say "look at the record!" when pointing out his glaring deficiencies, and blaming everyone else for his shortcomings...

Yes, I just hinted at likening some folks here to Falcons fans. Show me up.

Funny how everyone's sentiment changed from "Bush is our big play guy, start him over Deuce!" to "Decoy? BRILLIANT!"

If I'd told ya'll that Bush was gonna be most effective in this manner back in June, ya'll woulda ran me off this forum on a red-hot rail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, but I don't want us to get like the Vick fanatics... those who call him the second coming of Jesus when he doesn't suck, say "look at the record!" when pointing out his glaring deficiencies, and blaming everyone else for his shortcomings...

OUch, That hurts.

Glad you said, and not me. I am sure many have this same opinion as you.

Last edited:

I think most peoples' sentiments around here are "PROUD TO BE A SAINTS FAN" and we just find it slightly annoying when some are hellbent on being negative.

It's the coaches job to correct shortcomings. It's our job to enjoy a win. You're not doing your job.

You don't want us to be like Falcons fans? Hello? We're the flipping Saints and we're 6-2. Any Saints fan who isn't being obnoxious right now needs a lobotomy.

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

What was the mindset from the beginning having Reggie doing punt returns? Do you pay someone $60 million to do that? That always confused me and why, I guess, at this point, I'm not expecting much from him. Someone like Maroney is, 1, bigger; and, 2, hasn't had the microscope on him like Bush but yeah, Bush should be doing better but I'm still being patient. Once he figures it out ...... yowza.

Last edited:

Man whatever. Bush is the strength of our team, not stats wise but misdirection wise which should be an important part of every team, and we are winning. If he doesn't score another touchdown or run for another yard and we keep winning cause defenses key on him, he is doing his job, and most importantly Payton is doing his.

if the running game wasn't respected, think the passing game would be all pro. as long as the d hugs the line colston,horn,henderson and co.will be catching plenty of 10 to 20 yard passes, and running with them. The team knows its rushing attack has to improve, and it just might when the opposing d's start playing the pass first. hopefully,this offense keeps playing smart determined football,and the team keeps winning. (reggie is part of this team, just to clarify.)

I think most peoples' sentiments around here are "PROUD TO BE A SAINTS FAN" and we just find it slightly annoying when some are hellbent on being negative.

It's the coaches job to correct shortcomings. It's our job to enjoy a win. You're not doing your job.

You don't want us to be like Falcons fans? Hello? We're the flipping Saints and we're 6-2. Any Saints fan who isn't being obnoxious right now needs a lobotomy.

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

I'd rather act like I've been there before. Quiet confidence kills. See our 2006 New Orleans Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom