#1 vs #2 in two weeks (1 Viewer)

That sound you hear is Saban's butthole puckering.

I love this dream, and I want it to last forever! :very-happy:

Well, we get to see which poll has it right, AP LSU or Coaches' Bammer.

Has a number 1 from each poll played each other before?

Well, we get to see which poll has it right, AP LSU or Coaches' Bammer.

Has a number 1 from each poll played each other before?
Let's face it... How many times have you watched a game that featured two #1s and two #2s playing each other at the same time?

We may never see this again in our lifetime. :scratch:

Vegas thinks Alabama is still #1. A healthy Tua would make Bama a 7.5 fave vs LSU.
It probably would have been best if the ranking had remained Bama at #1 and LSU at #2 because LSU's previous victories won't keep them at #1 unless they beat Bama in this coming game as well. So no matter what either of these teams are ranked right now, the undisputed #1 will rise to the top by winning in Tuscaloosa on November 9th.

So in 2 weeks OSU will be #2?
That's how I see it. :yes:
An LSU victory could set the stage for a possible Justin Fields versus Joe Burrow National Championship game in New Orleans. :happy0005:

I wonder how interested Joe would be in taking that game in January? :scratch:

Assuming the loser stays in the top 4, isn't the winner just adding an extra game against a tough SEC East opponent to their schedule, objectively speaking? It seems like a flaw in the playoff system, if the loser still makes the playoffs, while the winner is essentially penalized with an extra playoff game. I'm assuming that a playoff berth could still be in play for either Florida or Georgia heading into the SECCG.

An LSU win will drop Bama to # 4 - 6. A Bama win will drop LSU to # 8 - 9.

An LSU win will drop Bama to # 4 - 6. A Bama win will drop LSU to # 8 - 9.

That's just silly talk. LSU clearly already has the track record based on schedule to remain at 4-6. Which they obviously will in the AP. Now coaches' poll, I don't know, maybe they drop them more, maybe not. But I think they should easily be the top ranked team with 1 loss. I'm pretty sure none of the other 1 loss teams has a better SOS than LSU.

Assuming the loser stays in the top 4, isn't the winner just adding an extra game against a tough SEC East opponent to their schedule, objectively speaking? It seems like a flaw in the playoff system, if the loser still makes the playoffs, while the winner is essentially penalized with an extra playoff game. I'm assuming that a playoff berth could still be in play for either Florida or Georgia heading into the SECCG.

Unless they make a rule where only conference champions can be in the playoff, then it will remain that way...

Even if they expand the playoff, there will be at large teams to go along with conference champions....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom