#1 vs #2 in two weeks (1 Viewer)

The only way the SEC will get two teams in the playoff will be if Bama loses.
How far should LSU drop if they lose a close game to Bama in Tuscaloosa after having already beaten the most Top 10 teams in a season? Unless the Tigers get humiliated next Saturday, falling just three spots is certainly a reasonable outcome.

The only way the SEC will get two teams in the playoff will be if Bama loses.

Who will you put over them? #5 Penn St. or Ohio St. is going to lose. A one loss PAC 12 champion? #6 Florida was a team LSU
has already handled. I agree with Bill. If LSU finishes with only one loss it would take losing a blow out in embarrassing fashion against
Bama to keep them out

The winner will be #1. The loser will be no worse than #6, but probably #5 until tOSU or Penn State lose in a couple weeks. Then LSU/Bama loser is back to #4. Unless one of these teams are completely out-classed, they're not going to drop far.

If this works out as you say, there is an advantage for the loser of the LSU-Bama game. Assuming that both teams win out the rest of their schedule, the loser won't have to play the extra game in Atlanta and will get the rematch with the winner in the first round of the playoffs.

That said, I'd still rather that the Tigers beat the Tide just because it's time to take Bama down. But it may not be the end of the world if LSU isn't penalized out of the playoffs for losing to Bama on the road.
I would have no problem with LSU losing a close one down to the wire if I knew that LSU had a shot to return the favor in the playoffs.

The only way I see a one loss Bama/LSU getting left out is if a 1 loss Georgia beats the winner of the game this weekend in the SEC title game. 3 SEC teams aren't getting in so somebody's getting left out

The only way I see a one loss Bama/LSU getting left out is if a 1 loss Georgia beats the winner of the game this weekend in the SEC title game. 3 SEC teams aren't getting in so somebody's getting left out
Another great reason for having an 8 team playoff to determine the true National Champion. :yes:

Ugh.

Unfortunately I doubt he gets the same reception he got at the World Series given the makeup of places like tigerdroppings.

But a large portion of the students and the players are probably not fans... I bet both coaches are probably already making it known that there will be no open displays.

The students on the other hand, if ever there was a time to let the band play neck.

Totally agree....4 is better than 2, but 8 is better than 4.....5 conference champions get auto bid...the committee just decides the at large and seeds them......
With that set-up, I wonder how many times the SEC would get four teams in the round of eight?

With that set-up, I wonder how many times the SEC would get four teams in the round of eight?
Why would that even matter if there are four legitimate SEC contenders ranked in the Top 8?

It's time that the playoffs should be contested to determine the best college TEAM... not the best conference. :scratch:

Ugh.

Unfortunately I doubt he gets the same reception he got at the World Series given the makeup of places like tigerdroppings.

But a large portion of the students and the players are probably not fans... I bet both coaches are probably already making it known that there will be no open displays.

The students on the other hand, if ever there was a time to let the band play neck.

The game is in Alabama. He'll probably get a standing ovation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom