10/13/09 - Saints Billy Miller's Blog: "How we got here" (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Billy's Blog: How We Got Here
by Billy Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hey guys, I'm sorry there was no blog last week, but even an esteemed journalist like me needs a bye week.

What I'd like to do this week is touch on the Saints’ journey thus far and recap the things that have gotten us to this point.

Five weeks into the NFL season and the Saints are sitting at 4-0! We have seen great plays by old faithfuls like Drew Brees and Pierre Thomas. But we've also seen the emergence of a great defense and players like Mike Bell, Darren Sharper, and Robert Meachem.

At the beginning of the season I remember sitting with Scott Fujita, Jonathan Vilma, and Will Smith and I said, ‘If we can hold teams under 17 points, I don't think we'll lose one game.’ Well, you can just call me “Prophet Miller,” because both have come true.
Read More...
http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2009/10/New Orleans Saints Blog IV.aspx

Thanks for the article. I agree w/ everything Billy Miller said except for this:

The atmosphere was great against the Jets, but we can do better than that. The crowd started off strong, but the noise sort of toned down in the second quarter and third quarter.

Thanks for the article. I agree w/ everything Billy Miller said except for this:

Nope he is 100% correct... I posted this several times last week.... the Who-Dats were not at the top of their game against the J-E-T-S.. some great moments from the crowd to be sure but we have to really bring it the WHOLE game people................no lulls in the second qtr... dont get despondent and quiet if the Midgets score.... keep bringing it.....

Nope he is 100% correct... I posted this several times last week.... the Who-Dats were not at the top of their game against the J-E-T-S.. some great moments from the crowd to be sure but we have to really bring it the WHOLE game people................no lulls in the second qtr... dont get despondent and quiet if the Midgets score.... keep bringing it.....

I agree.

Great article by Billy.

My challenge is to all the Saints fans with tickets to the game this week. Let’s make this the loudest and most passionate game of the season. The atmosphere was great against the Jets, but we can do better than that. The crowd started off strong, but the noise sort of toned down in the second quarter and third quarter. We need four strong quarters of the Who Dats! Be Loud! Be Proud!

I agree too, I noticed it got quiet at times. Sure we were winning but we need to bring it for all 4 quarters, NO MATTER what the score is. BE LOUD, BE PROUD, DEFEND THE DOME!!!

The two Home games have been great at the start and have faded down the stretch. As wierd as it may seem, I think it has something to do with the bad weather before the games. It looks like we'll have great weather this weekend, so no excuses.

I agree.

Great article by Billy.

I agree as well...the rain and late start kinda put a damper on festivities leading up to the game. This week its back to same ol routine and start time. We will show up!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom