10-13 Injury Report (1 Viewer)

Why? It costs us money to cut him and he's making pennies since restructuring to incentive based pay. You don't cut game changing players because they're injured when you knew that injuries were a huge issue with him when we signed him, hence the restructuring of his deal to incentivize his getting on the field as much as possible.

He's good enough to wait for with the signings of Robertson and Stupar and Mauti from last year playing well in his place.

I disagree. Roster spots are more valuable than any money or cap savings for a player. I would much rather have someone that's able to play than pay someone to not play. We can say he's a game changer and all that's nice, but bottom line is he does not play. It's time to move on and have that roster spot to develop talent or sign another free agent that will play.

I disagree. Roster spots are more valuable than any money or cap savings for a player. I would much rather have someone that's able to play than pay someone to not play. We can say he's a game changer and all that's nice, but bottom line is he does not play. It's time to move on and have that roster spot to develop talent or sign another free agent that will play.

Who could we possibly sign to fill his spot at this point in the game that will make any difference at all this year?

What LB talent is there left on the streets to develop. Ur assuming the next Thomas Davis is out there or on our PS...which is possible but there are plenty of other teams in need of LB help. If a guy like that was on the streets he'd be claimed by now

Who is there to make a difference? How exactly is Ellerbe making a difference? The only reason you're justifying it is because of what he could do if he were healthy. That spot could be used for another player on special teams instead of having to throw starters on there. Any backup player is an unknown, but at least we'll get to freaking see it in action.

Apparently the team recognizes the talent Ellerbe is and also how debilitating a quad injury can be. He's also not expensive having taken a paycut to even stay with the team this season. Absolutely no reason to rush/cut him.

He changes the D at LB when he's on the field..keyword is when but I'd rather have him late into the season(especially if we think we can make a run) than rush him back early only to see him re-injure it and be out for the year or even more time.

A Week 10 Ellerbe is still more valuable than an IR Ellerbe.

Not to mention having Robertson/Stupar makes the decision to continue to allow him to sit that much easier...vs our LB corps last year when the lack of depth may have caused us to force him back at less than 100%.

A week 10 Ellerbre is more valuable????
Dude can't string together 2 straight games, more less be healthy for the final stretch. We all need to stop hoping/wishing this dude will play bc he is the ultimate **** tease......and that's a generous statement

I noticed since Payton been here if the game is on a Sunday and a player DNP on Thursday, they usually miss the game Sunday.

Not to beat a dead horse but this has got to be Ellerbes last year in black and gold
No doubt he is a talented player but the best ability is availability

You can hold all your "ifs" "when's" and "coulds" for another week.

New Orleans Saints Thursday Injury Report presented by Ochsner Sports Medicine Institute

New Orleans Saints Injury Report

T Terron Armstead (knee) DNP

CB Delvin Breaux (fibula) DNP

LB Dannell Ellerbe(quad) DNP

S Erik Harris (knee) DNP

RB Mark Ingram (Illness) DNP

DE Paul Kruger (back) DNP

TE Josh Hill (ankle) Limited

G Senio Kelemete (hamstring) Limited

LB James Laurinaitis (quad) Limited

Don't worry guys. We will be healthy for our 3 game run to finish the season 7-9.

Don't worry guys. We will be healthy for our 3 game run to finish the season 7-9.
You say that...but those things can ALL happen exactly as you described.

I can already imagine the threads about draft position and ecetera.

Frankly, if we're sitting at 4-9, I might be on the other side for once. Myles Garrett, Jonathan Adams, Jabrill Peppers, Tim Williams, Teez Tabor...those are considerable players, assuming they all declare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom