10 greatest college RBs? (1 Viewer)

As a side note to this thread, I remember Bo Jackson's rushing stats were 6 carries for 186 yds & 4 TDs IN THE FIRST QTR against my USL Ragin Cajuns at the start of Jackson's final year at Auburn. Imagine if he hadn't been pulled during the 2nd qtr by a merciful Pat Dye (I believe he was HC at that time).

Talk about a man among boys...Has to be the best rushing performance for a quarter in college football history!

1 Barry Sanders

Everybody else ranked "Not Barry Sanders"

Ive had Barrys rookie card with his college stats on back since I was a kid and Im as in awe of that season now as I was back then.

If you don't have Earl Campbell on your list you should be shot.

Both him and Ricky are top five, with Barry, Walker, and Bo rounding it out.

Seriously, if you don't have Earl in your list, do our gene pool a favor and jump off of a building.

I considered putting Earl where I put Dayne, but Dayne absolutely bowled through Big 10 defenses year after year after year. Plus, Earl is from Texas. That was just too much of a strike for him to recover from.

Dayne was a total product of the system. He was an above average RB in college playing behind a great offensive line. That's atrocious, man. Dayne above Earl? I didn't even see that. Wow.

Dayne was a total product of the system. He was an above average RB in college playing behind a great offensive line. That's atrocious, man. Dayne above Earl? I didn't even see that. Wow.

Yeah, just look what Michael Bennett did after Dayne went pro (over 1,600 yards).

Yeah, no way Dayne over Campbell.

Yeah, just look what Michael Bennett did after Dayne went pro (over 1,600 yards).

You mean Pro Bowl RB Micheal Bennett?

Earl was a one-trick pony. Power guys are a dime a dozen in college ball. Dayne was the one who gained more yards than them all.

Earl was a one-trick pony.

If you think Earl was purely a power back, I don't know what to tell you.

Wow. That's all I can say.

In fact, if you want to compare someone to Earl, it would be Deuce (in his best years) on super-steroids. So if you want to call Earl a power back, that's fine, because he was, but to call him a "one trick pony" is absolutely stupid. Earl:Dayne::Deuce:Duckett

You mean Pro Bowl RB Micheal Bennett?

Earl was a one-trick pony. Power guys are a dime a dozen in college ball. Dayne was the one who gained more yards than them all.

Yeah, Pro Bowl track-star Michael Bennett. They hardly missed a beat when he replaced Dayne, and I wouldn't place either in the top 10 all-time...

My list:
1. Hershel Walker
2. Tony Dorsett
3. Archie Griffin
4. Red Grange
5. Jim Brown
6. Bo Jackson
7. Earl Campbell
8. Barry Sanders
9. Ricky Williams
10. Reggie Bush

1.) Joseph Addai
2.) Kevin Faulk
3.) Domanick Davis
4.) Charles Barkley
5.) Bo Jackson
6.) Herschel Walker
7.) Deuce McAllister
8.) Shaun Alexander
9.) LaBrandon Toefield
10.) Billy Cannon

Bottom 10 in the history of college:

5,110,848,460,468,484.) Cedric Benson
5,110,848,460,468,485.) Luke Alexander
5,110,848,460,468,486.) James Saxton
5,110,848,460,468,487.) Ricky Williams
5,110,848,460,468,488.) Max Bumgardner
5,110,848,460,468,489.) Bobby Dillon
5,110,848,460,468,490.) Roosevelt Leaks
5,110,848,460,468,491.) Tommy Ford
5,110,848,460,468,492.) Chris Gilbert
5,110,848,460,468,493.) Earl Campbell

If you think Earl was purely a power back, I don't know what to tell you.

Wow. That's all I can say.

In fact, if you want to compare someone to Earl, it would be Deuce (in his best years) on super-steroids. So if you want to call Earl a power back, that's fine, because he was, but to call him a "one trick pony" is absolutely stupid. Earl:Dayne::Deuce:Duckett

Earl had 20 lbs on Deuce as college backs, so no that's not a better comparison. Ricky Williams is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar (extra "a's" for emphasis) better comparison. That Earl can barely walk after a relatively short career is a testament to his "one-trick" style of running. He averaged 100 yards receiving in the NFL, so again Deuce is an absolutely horrible comparison.

You don't have to tell me anything. It's as obvious as the burnt orange glasses on your face...

Earl can barely walk because he averaged like 40 carries per game in the NFL.

Even the Texas haters are telling you you're wrong. Dayne above Campbell is absolutely laughable. That's ridiculous.

Jacob, you forgot Priest.

I don't need anyone to back me up, but okay...

Blah Vince Young blah blah blah Spurs blah blah blah blah Texas blah blah blah blah Spurs blah blah blah blah blah Tim Duncan blah blah Vince Young blah blah blah blah Texas blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Spurs blah the SEC sucks blah blah Tim Duncan blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Texas blah blah blah the SEC sucks blah blah Spurs blah blah blah blah Vince Young blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Tim Duncan blah blah blah blah blah Texas blah blah the SEC sucks blah blah blah blah ...

Nothing new here...

Mewelde Moore. :hihi:

/end of thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom