10 questions with New Orleans Saints assistant head coach Dan Campbell (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1594776530050.png
Campbell enters his fifth season as assistant head coach

By Sam Shannon | NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan Campbell enters his fifth season as the New Orleans Saints' assistant head coach/tight ends, bringing 21 years of NFL experience, 11 as a player and 10 as a coach. In 2019, Campbell mentored Pro Bowl tight end Jared Cook, who posted 43 receptions for 705 yards (career-high 16.4 avg.) and a career-high nine touchdowns, with his receiving average ranked first in the NFL at the position and his scoring grabs ranked second. Josh Hill had a career-high 25 receptions for a career-best 226 yards and three touchdowns. This season, Campbell will be tasked with getting Saints 2020 draft pick Adam Trautman up to speed at the NFL level. https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...eans-saints-assistant-head-coach-dan-campbell

Q: What are your impressions of Adam Trautman?

Campbell:
Yeah, man there were a number of things. He was a guy that I felt like popped off (on) the tape. I know that he went to a smaller school, but when you watched his film there was something about him. He's just got this twitch about him. He's got some quickness. He can beat man coverage, he did it repeatedly (in college). He's good in zone, good with the ball in his hands and then you see him line up and put his hand in the ground and get after people in the run game. I was intrigued by this guy and then you go and watch him compete at the Senior Bowl and that's where to me I got really excited. Because then you can see where and how much he learned just over the course of a week and what kind of potential he does have. I know for me personally and Coach (Sean Payton) and all of us we were high on this guy. I was high on him and to sit there and watch him just drop in the draft, I was surprised and then the next thing I know is we got him. That's all I knew at the time and I was man, so excited and I couldn't believe we got him. Listen, we're excited, I'm excited.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom