10 questions with New Orleans Saints linebackers coach Michael Hodges (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1595048070528.png
This will be Hodges' first season as linebackers coach

NewOrleansSaints.com

Michael Hodges didn't totally operate in the shadows during his first three seasons on the New Orleans Saints' coaching staff. But this year, he definitely steps into the spotlight a bit more in his first year as linebackers coach (he was assistant linebackers coach under Mike Nolan last year, and a defensive assistant in 2017-18). Hodges knows the defensive system, and knows the players who will occupy the Saints' linebacker room, including All-Pro Demario Davis. He and his assistant, Michael Wilhoite, aim to contribute to a higher level of productivity for a unit that adds rookie Zack Baun and will have Alex Anzalone returning from injury.

Q: How big of a transition is it for you, to go from assistant linebackers coach to linebackers coach?

Hodges:
My position, being that it's in the same building, it's less of a jump than if I would have gone to another club. The fact that players know me and I know the players, I know the scheme – those things all kind of align and it's made this transition much smoother than it what it would normally be if I had to go to a new club. There is a bunch of differences as far as, now it's my decision on some of the things that we do in there, and mostly how we teach. And that's what's exciting. So I get to kind of slide back into that teacher role, more than I was before, and that's what I thrive off of. I love that part of it. That's the biggest change, and it's been a lot of fun so far. I've enjoyed it.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom