10 questions with New Orleans Saints secondary coach Aaron Glenn (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1594950210167.png
Glenn is entering his fifth season on Saints staff

John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Secondary coach Aaron Glenn is entering his fifth season on Coach Sean Payton's staff, and after a 15-year playing career, has been tasked with molding a young secondary that includes cornerback Marshon Lattimore and safeties Marcus Williams and C.J. Gardner-Johnson . This year, veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins was added to the mix as an unrestricted free agent. The group often reflects the fiery Glenn – he almost becomes a participant in drills and his verbal exchanges with senior offensive assistant Curtis Johnson are colorful, to put it mildly – and under his tutelage, Lattimore was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2017. Glenn is looking for another growth spurt from the unit in 2020.

Q: You seem to be a very social person, especially when we see you interact during drills. What has that part of the isolation been like for you, to be away from the players?

Glenn:
That's always the hardest part as a coach. I've always claimed to be a coach that's interactive with my players, and hands on like a part of the drill. And not being able to do that, that's always hard to do. But these opportunities to get on these Zoom calls and Webex, just talking and slowly be able to go through film, slowly be able to go through the installs, the guys get a really good understanding of what we're doing. You don't have to go through every coverage that you have, so you can specifically pick up certain coverages that you want to really dial into. It's been really good. It's something that I can see, going forward, it might be a change as far as offseason is concerned.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom