10 sacks against and 1 sack for (1 Viewer)

Winston is holding the ball far too long. Its a combo of poor playcalling (HR balls) and a lack of any intermediate route running. As well as we were running it I think they felt like we could go deep. Unfortunately, the deep ball wasn't there. Our QB has a broken back so rediclious to force it 50 yrs down field.
At 5-6 sacks a game Winston won't make a full season. If they refuse to get back to ball control offensive playcalling to minimize the pressure to hold a pocket then more of the same. We switched out an All-Pro LT for a lunch pail LT. The results were inevitable. Should have done a better job with game plan.

Winston is holding the ball far too long. Its a combo of poor playcalling (HR balls) and a lack of any intermediate route running. As well as we were running it I think they felt like we could go deep. Unfortunately, the deep ball wasn't there. Our QB has a broken back so rediclious to force it 50 yrs down field.
At 5-6 sacks a game Winston won't make a full season. If they refuse to get back to ball control offensive playcalling to minimize the pressure to hold a pocket then more of the same. We switched out an All-Pro LT for a lunch pail LT. The results were inevitable. Should have done a better job with game plan.
I honestly don't think its because we're dialing up HR balls all the time. Its because all we're dialing up is short stuff that's easily covered that relies on him getting the ball out fast. He's hesitating on the short stuff, then it's gone, so all that's left is WRs sitting at the top of short routes covered and he's eating sacks as a result.

I’m thinking the Saints not wanting to re-sign Armstead is one of the reasons Payton left as well.

There are many things to consider on this very pertinent thread:

- I really don't know the reason why, but every single year it takes 4-6 games for the offensive line to start playing well. It doesn't matter if the have the same players as last year on the field. This is a strange point that I frankly don't understand.

- I understand each player has his own role, but Carmichael should make things a little more interesting. Olave is indeed a deep thread, but he is also a crisp route runner. He should be more involved in cross routes, slants, etc. Landry has the ability to go deeper, they can change roles once in a while. Harty and Olave should also be on the field at the same time. Problem is that Winston was not accurate on the deep ball yesterday, maybe because of his back condition.

- Almost no tight end participation, the middle should be open when Landry and Thomas are on the field together.

This all is about the offense, but the most concerning thing is our defensive line. We have played against terrible offensive lines (Atlanta and Tampa) and have not been able to fully press with the front four. With the falcons we have the excuse that we were containing Mariotta, not the case with Brady. No pressure from the middle, Davenport and Jordan arriving late, and no one else showing his presence. And Turner? Enjoying his free day. I hope this "inactive" role lights a fire on him.

Right now the defensive line pressure should be our biggest concern.

Not sure why anyone here was comfortable with Hurst being our starting left tackle, but no one here seemed much concerned about the situation.

Once I heard we lost our left tackle to a serious injury I thought we were in trouble.

On the defensive side of the ball it's somewhat plausible Cam is finally hitting the proverbial wall. Davenport better not be signed long term, that would be really ridiculous after the CGJ debacle. Y'all keep dreaming he's gonna get 14-17 sacks, but it's NEVER coming, injury or not. Looks like we blew it on the Turner pick, a first round pick should not be a healthy scratch in his second season. That does not bode well at all.
I didn’t think Hurst would be a bad option for us prior to the draft. I was of the mind that he had a year in the system, and he would be a serviceable tackle as we brought someone else along.

Boy was I wrong.

There are many things to consider on this very pertinent thread:

- I really don't know the reason why, but every single year it takes 4-6 games for the offensive line to start playing well. It doesn't matter if the have the same players as last year on the field. This is a strange point that I frankly don't understand.

- I understand each player has his own role, but Carmichael should make things a little more interesting. Olave is indeed a deep thread, but he is also a crisp route runner. He should be more involved in cross routes, slants, etc. Landry has the ability to go deeper, they can change roles once in a while. Harty and Olave should also be on the field at the same time. Problem is that Winston was not accurate on the deep ball yesterday, maybe because of his back condition.

- Almost no tight end participation, the middle should be open when Landry and Thomas are on the field together.

This all is about the offense, but the most concerning thing is our defensive line. We have played against terrible offensive lines (Atlanta and Tampa) and have not been able to fully press with the front four. With the falcons we have the excuse that we were containing Mariotta, not the case with Brady. No pressure from the middle, Davenport and Jordan arriving late, and no one else showing his presence. And Turner? Enjoying his free day. I hope this "inactive" role lights a fire on him.

Right now the defensive line pressure should be our biggest concern.
There is ZERO pressure by the front four of the defense.

Not sure why anyone here was comfortable with Hurst being our starting left tackle, but no one here seemed much concerned about the situation.

Once I heard we lost our left tackle to a serious injury I thought we were in trouble.

On the defensive side of the ball it's somewhat plausible Cam is finally hitting the proverbial wall. Davenport better not be signed long term, that would be really ridiculous after the CGJ debacle. Y'all keep dreaming he's gonna get 14-17 sacks, but it's NEVER coming, injury or not. Looks like we blew it on the Turner pick, a first round pick should not be a healthy scratch in his second season. That does not bode well at all.
Why we haven’t brought in Eric Fisher is seriously alarming.

Our Defensive line is back to what it was in 2014.

There is ZERO pressure by the front four of the defense.
And this is currently our biggest problem. We are putting too much pressure on our defensive backs, and our safeties are not able to roam freely because the lack of pressure.

I don't see an easy fix for this.

So... Yeah... I really underestimated how bad Hurst is.... Really want Trevor back and he hasn't played an NFL snap.

We can't run or do screens on the left side of field. It's crazy.

Ruiz is about the same as I expected. A bust. He's starting because we have no competition at that position.
Hurst hasn't played terribly, but he is effectively a backup. Heck, TB was on their 3rd LT and we still could not get any pressure.

Basically it's a 33 yr old Jordan and a bunch of wasted 1st round picks at the ends.
Maybe they need some time to get going?
Alot of it is defensive playcalling. We have not blitzed or stunted much at all. It has been pretty vanilla while playing coverage. They seem to be playing very conservative with Adebo out.

Alot of it is defensive playcalling. We have not blitzed or stunted much at all. It has been pretty vanilla while playing coverage. They seem to be playing very conservative with Adebo out.
Thats a good take. When we dropped into zone coverages Brady was able to pick us apart. Based on what little we saw of Taylor he looked good considering he missed most of camp. If he pans out we could have 3 of the better man corners in the league. Maybe then we can blitz more with Davis or a safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom