10 sacks against and 1 sack for (1 Viewer)

Our lack of sacks is a mobile QB for Atlanta and a hall of fame pocket QB Allen basically refused to blitz. I was disappointed in the lack of pass rush on Brady given their offensive line was in shambles. Davenport was the most disappointing. The Bucs were on their third string LT for most the game and the Saints did not exploit that. They had a backup center and got nothing.

This game was 3-0 or 3-3 until the wheels came off after the Brady initiated brawl and two no one else in the league but Brady gets calls until PJ Williams gets caught in coverage. The national media is running with this notion that the Saints fell apart after the brawl. It two ridiculous penalties: a personal foul on a regular tackle the most egregious I have ever seen in my life for a first down on third down where the Saints would have gotten off the field and a defensive holding a defensive lineman where a running back engaged to block him for another first down. Those two things get overlooked to make it as if our defense just folded.

Despite the sacks the defense was playing well.

I think sacks will come when we are not facing running QBs or Brady in a tight game.

Hurst hasn't played terribly, but he is effectively a backup. Heck, TB was on their 3rd LT and we still could not get any pressure.

4th LT to be exact.

There is ZERO pressure by the front four of the defense.
I agree but if the score is tied 3-3 in the middle of the fourth, you can't blame the D. The gameplan is dependent on getting there with 4 and they couldn't. I think the O-line did a better job yesterday.

In a world of black and white hot takes if only there was nuance. If only there was room for considering all possibilities instead of doom posting the worst possible interpretation.

This guy MUST be a bust. This guy sucks at play calling. Two games in and everything is so known and clear, hm?

A pity we can’t afford to be patient and reasonable.

Basically it's a 33 yr old Jordan and a bunch of wasted 1st round picks at the ends.
Maybe they need some time to get going?
Time to get going? Turner as a healthy inactive year 2 week 2 screams bust. I just hope the egos in the front office don’t extend Davenport like they did Peat just because they used 1st rounders on him.

Time to get going? Turner as a healthy inactive year 2 week 2 screams bust. I just hope the egos in the front office don’t extend Davenport like they did Peat just because they used 1st rounders on him.
He hasn’t had two years. He’s barely had one. He’s played in six games. Only thing it screams is he needs improvement. A bust means it’s time to cut bait and there’s nothing further to gain.

Bust is certainly a subjective term but I don't see how anyone can be happy with the Turner or Davenport pick considering the draft capital that was used to get those guys. Davenport has certainly flashed but has been plagued by injuries and has 21 career sacks. He has 4 total tackles and no sacks this season. Not a solid return for the investment and he needs to improve quickly. Turner being a healthy scratch is certainly concerning. Does Carl Granderson really have more to offer than him? These guys can't help where they are drafted or if they get hurt but its certainly part of the evaluation process and as of now, both are pretty underwhelming.

More inconvenient facts:

Lets compare him to other QBs 2 game stats.

Jamies - w/ 3TDs and 3 INTs except Jamies played Tampa w/ a knee and back brace.

Brady - W/ 2TDs and 1 INTs

Rodgers - W/2TDs and 1INTs

Burrow - w/3 TDs and 4 INTs

Stafford - w/4TDs and 5 INTs

I’m thinking the Saints not wanting to re-sign Armstead is one of the reasons Payton left as well.
Perhaps you are correct, but, I still lament letting Armstead go anyhow. Because Hurst could supplant, then Ruiz at Guard (Hurst's more natural position.)

Perhaps you are correct, but, I still lament letting Armstead go anyhow. Because Hurst could supplant, then Ruiz at Guard (Hurst's more natural position.)
Peat’s money easily would’ve kept Armstead. But we offered because we wanted to be right with a first rounder.

Not sure why anyone here was comfortable with Hurst being our starting left tackle, but no one here seemed much concerned about the situation.

Once I heard we lost our left tackle to a serious injury I thought we were in trouble.

On the defensive side of the ball it's somewhat plausible Cam is finally hitting the proverbial wall. Davenport better not be signed long term, that would be really ridiculous after the CGJ debacle. Y'all keep dreaming he's gonna get 14-17 sacks, but it's NEVER coming, injury or not. Looks like we blew it on the Turner pick, a first round pick should not be a healthy scratch in his second season. That does not bode well at all.
Our D line was downright nice and respectful to the old man yesterday. He got off the ground once, mayyybe twice? And DD must miss his BFF. Outside of Werner, everyone in the first two levels are friendly guys this year.

How did Thielen fall off the proverbial cliff so damn quickly?

I mean he's got to retire after this season, that's how bad it's gotten.

He has 0 targets tonight.

Our D line was downright nice and respectful to the old man yesterday. He got off the ground once, mayyybe twice? And DD must miss his BFF. Outside of Werner, everyone in the first two levels are friendly guys this year.
A dude named Chauncey wasn't very nice to Brady. But he's complete trash allegedly.

Jameis holding on to the ball is also a key factor into the high number of sacks.
That was Drew's Jam, feeling the rush, and throwing the ball away. Jamies could work on that. He really needs to in order to stay healthy.

More inconvenient facts:

Lets compare him to other QBs 2 game stats.

Jamies - w/ 3TDs and 3 INTs except Jamies played Tampa w/ a knee and back brace.

Brady - W/ 2TDs and 1 INTs

Rodgers - W/2TDs and 1INTs

Burrow - w/3 TDs and 4 INTs

Stafford - w/4TDs and 5 INTs
You fix'n to make a cherry pie?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom