10 years ago today Saints won their first super bowl (1 Viewer)

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
A day I will always remember for the rest of my life. One of the happiest moments in my life still to this day. Was watching the highlights and my God I can’t believe how hard drew Brees used to zip those passes around. You don’t realize it until you go watch the Super Bowl highlights. Drew had a laser arm on some of those throws!!!

It was the greatest moment of all our lives as Saints fans. No other moment I can think of -- including even the Katrina re-opening game in '06 -- can still produce such genuine emotion. All other moments are tied for second place behind 2/7/2010.

Granted, there have been some blown chances to win a second (2011, 2017, 2019) and one infamous screwjob (2018). But the one trophy they captured is something not even GODdell can take away.

My sister gave birth to her oldest that morning and Saints won it all that evening. Needless to say, it's a day I'll never forget.

I tried to get her to name my nephew Pierre after PT23 but my hater Bears fan BIL wasn't having it. :rolleyes:

A day I will always remember for the rest of my life. One of the happiest moments in my life still to this day. Was watching the highlights and my God I can’t believe how hard drew Brees used to zip those passes around. You don’t realize it until you go watch the Super Bowl highlights. Drew had a laser arm on some of those throws!!!
Best season and game ever.

The SB game itself was the culmination of 2weeks of absolute euphoria and the relief of decades of pain.... Unbelievable mood.

We drove in from Houston on the Saturday, after my daughter's volleyball tourney, and to see ALL those cars headed to La with Saint's flag flying was pure joy... we watched the game with the dozens of family and that moment when Tracy breaks free will forever echo in my BIL's home....Oh to live those moments again is why we keep coming back for more.

The title makes me want to change it to "only" SB. As grateful as I am for having at least one SB I can't help but think we should have 2 or 3 with the QB leadership we have had during this period. I think we have gone to 3 NFC Championships and are 1-2.

Truly sucks that we only have one, but grateful for the memories of a great season and conclusion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom