100 Most Beloved Athletes Ever (Drew Brees) (1 Viewer)

actorforsaints7

filmmaking saint fan
Reaction score
Drew Brees #70

"Among his long list of achievements, perhaps the most telling sign that Brees is beloved was his 2010 crowning as Sports Illustrated's Sportsmen of the Year:

For not only leading the New Orleans Saints to the first Super Bowl title in the franchise's history, but also for helping lead the city of New Orleans' rebirth after the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina, quarterback Drew Brees is the recipient of Sports Illustrated's 57th Sportsman of the Year award.

There you have it."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/741676-the-100-most-beloved-athletes-in-sports-history/page/33

Notables:
Jackie Robinson #1
Michael Jordan #2
Babe Ruth #3
Muhammad Ali #4
Brett Favre #17
Jerry Rice #19
Joe Montana #26
Tom Brady #27
Peyton Manning #30
Matt Ryan #69 (ha, just kidding)

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning most beloved athletes? Gotta be joking. They're super famous and great athletes, but most beloved? What a crock.

I wouldn't say the list is a joke; it's one person's opinion.

You can, however, say the premise is a joke because there is absolutely no objective way to make a list like this. If you polled 1 million people you would have 1 million completely different lists.

That being said....DREW BREES AT 70?!?!?!? Favre, Manning, and Brady all in top 30? OMG. That's freaking ludacris. :rant:

People like who they want to like. You can't tell them who should and shouldn't be on their own list.

Glad you posted that. I saw it on some site but it was in slide format and I wasn't about to click through 100 slides to see if Brees was in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom