100 worse songs than We Built This City (1 Viewer)

Let the record show that you are now *passively* trying to get new tail…. Got it.
I mean, if through no effort of my own, Alison Brie just happens to fall into my literal and figurative lap, I'd be stupid to pass it up. My wife would understand.

Last edited:

the lyrics make no sense.

It's early morning, the sun comes out
Last night was shaking and pretty loud
My cat is purring, it scratches my skin
So what is wrong with another sin?
The birch is hungry, she needs to tell
So give her inches and feed her well
More days to come, new places to go
I've got to leave, it's time for a show
Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane
Here I am
My body is burning, it starts to shout
Desire is coming, it breaks out loud
Lust is in cages 'til storm breaks loose
Just have to make it with someone I choose
The night is calling, I have to go
The wolf is hungry, he runs the show
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
Here I am
(Are you ready, baby?)
Here I am
Here I am
Here I am
It's early morning, the sun comes out
Last night was shaking and pretty loud
My cat is purring, it scratched my skin
So what is wrong with another sin?
The night is calling, I have to go
The wolf is hungry, he runs the show
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
Here I am
(Are you ready, baby?)
Here I am
Here I am
(Come on, come on, come on, come on)
Here I am
Here I am

I think it doesn't make sense because the Scorpions suck. Rudolph is no Michael if you know what I mean....

I think it doesn't make sense because the Scorpions suck. Rudolph is no Michael if you know what I mean....
Ulrich Roth was the best guitarist the Scorpions had and the band went downhill after his departure.

Ulrich Roth was the best guitarist the Scorpions had and the band went downhill after his departure.

UFO with Michael Schenker was a force of nature....great guitar player, I don't know anything about Roth but I will trust your judgement.....

UFO with Michael Schenker was a force of nature....great guitar player, I don't know anything about Roth but I will trust your judgement.....
Check out Tokyo Tapes, which is Scorpions first live album. UFO's Strangers in the Night features both Schenker and Paul Chapman and is one of the best live rock albums ever done.

So WBTC just came on while I was driving to work and while listening I became convinced it’s just a continuation of White Rabbit. Basically just what the dormouse was saying but for a more modern crowd, you know, with corporation games and such.

So WBTC just came on while I was driving to work and while listening I became convinced it’s just a continuation of White Rabbit. Basically just what the dormouse was saying but for a more modern crowd, you know, with corporation games and such.
Dude…
If I didn’t know any better…

At the time, Captain and Tennille were the overplayed pop sensation. They drove me crazy. But Toni Tennille sang backing vocals on Pink Floyd's The Wall. That elevated my opinion of her. And I believe she is also the groupie with the line "Wow...look at this tub! Wanna take a bath?"

As for Muskrat Love, the group America covered it before C&T and it was horrible then. Never understood how it got any airplay from either group.
Oh, you beat me to it. I just put this on TIL.

I saw this thread was resurrected and thought about what my response would be. It's exactly what I thought it was. Then I thought why didn't I do Shatner's cheesy remake of Rocket Man. There it was. The only thing that I omitted was any song by Leonard Nimoy.

comparing Jefferson Airplane/Starship to david hasslehof or rebecca black or william shatner is like comparing Tim Tebow to Albert Pujols
it's not JUST that we built this city is a truly horrible song (and it IS a truly horrible song) it's that the distance between that song and White Rabbit or Somebody to Love or Volunteers is extreme
so it's a relatively simple formula of Greatness - Putrescence that gives Starship it's designation
I'm glad you said this, because it establishes a perfect analogy to explain why you're wrong.

What's happening is the Albert Pujols fans are watching him hit .250 - .300 every year, until 2021 comes long and he hits .198. And everyone is saying it's the worst season any baseball player has ever hit just because they're used to his .250+ When the reality is that it still wasn't as bad as basically every year of Mario Mendoza, Rougie Odor, and a lot of other players' entire careers.

I saw this thread was resurrected and thought about what my response would be. It's exactly what I thought it was. Then I thought why didn't I do Shatner's cheesy remake of Rocket Man. There it was. The only thing that I omitted was any song by Leonard Nimoy.

If you liked that, then you will love this one.....

I'm glad you said this, because it establishes a perfect analogy to explain why you're wrong.

What's happening is the Albert Pujols fans are watching him hit .250 - .300 every year, until 2021 comes long and he hits .198. And everyone is saying it's the worst season any baseball player has ever hit just because they're used to his .250+ When the reality is that it still wasn't as bad as basically every year of Mario Mendoza, Rougie Odor, and a lot of other players' entire careers.
And how did their salaries and expectations stack up to Pujols’s?
He got bank and they built a team around him

Your argument is like saying Derek Carr had a worse season than Aaron Rogers last year

And how did their salaries and expectations stack up to Pujols’s?
He got bank and they built a team around him

Your argument is like saying Derek Carr had a worse season than Aaron Rogers last year
Hey, when I hear Friday come up on the radio, I don't think "this sucks, but at least she didn't make as much money as We Built This City so I guess it's okay." It's an objectively worse song

John Carter lost more money than any other movie ever made. That doesn't make it the worst movie.

ETA: Now there is some merit to the claim that there is a baseline of "legitimacy" to count. In other words, I can go to the piano and mash random chords and Yoko Ono a song about my dog's fluffy fur and it can be in all metrics a worse song than WBTC. So we do have to have some agreed metric of fame/talent/popularity etc to be eligible. And I think for the most part we're policing that well. Rebecca Flack might miss that qualifier, though.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom