10th day no cigarette (1 Viewer)

Think I am done, been smoking for nearly 20 years. Using an ecig... don't even seem you wanna toke that much unless its in my hand. 2 weeks ago my 8 year old son asked me to quit because he saw that commercial with the lady with the hole in her throat... on youtube. I've quit twice before... once for boot camp and once for child being born... I started again because of military life and divorce. If anyones been trying or wants to I'd recommend the ecig.... its kinda pleasant and so far healthy. I am sure in 10 years they will have a commercial saying how "if you are suffering from an xtra arm growing out your ***, and you smoked an ecig, please call this number as you may be eligible for compensation" but hey... whatever.

not to mention they are just rediculously expensive nowadays...

This is me to a tee. I need to quit again soon.

I told myself years ago that I needed to quit smoking by the age of 35, so last year just before my birthday I bought some disposable e-cigs. I told myself I was just switching brands and stopped smoking completely. That was May 1st, and I haven't had a single drag since then. I used the disposbale e-cigs for a while, upgraded to a nicer one that gave a thicker smoke, the kind you refill yourself, and enjoyed that for a while but eventually just quit altogther. I think the e-cig is one of the greatest inventions ever created. There was a massive thread here in EE about it, and I credit that thread for putting the idea in my head.

Im on the road to quitting again,and like lots of you guys,Im on the Ecig. I use the Volt from smokelessimage.com. Im trying to get my order schedule down so I dont run out of juice or cartos.

I wish some of these local smoke shops kept a small selection of juices and cartridges for emergency situations.

Im on the road to quitting again,and like lots of you guys,Im on the Ecig. I use the Volt from smokelessimage.com. Im trying to get my order schedule down so I dont run out of juice or cartos.

I wish some of these local smoke shops kept a small selection of juices and cartridges for emergency situations.

That was my problem the last time I used an ecig. Isaac hit and I was unable to get cartridges or disposable ecigs at my brothers house where we were staying so I picked up a pack of the real thing.

I'm not really happy about it but the alternative was to go without nicotine in a house with my family without power and that just wasn't happening, lol.

This thread has inspired me to try again, the last time I was using the green smoke but after reading some reviews yesterday I'm going with the V2 Cig.

Right on! I quit a few years ago and love it. When I realized that I chose to smoke and I could choose to quit it was done. You're in the hardest part, soon to emerge successful. Congratulations!

That's a shame. I live in a littel town, barely over 10K...and we have a smoke shop who sells the disposable ones...and there is a small local locksmith shop who doubles as a e-cig retailer for the nicer versions.

So what brands/flavors would you recommend?

I have a variable voltage device (you can use a button to increase/decrease the amount of vapor) and you use drops to fill the removable clear plastic portion. I like some of the crazy flavors...peach daiquire, bubble gum, caramel coffee...really anything that's not cig flavored...but I know plenty who prefer that. I would say just try as many flavors as you can get a hold of, it keeps it interesting. I would link the brand but I don't have mine on me at work, and my work also has most e-cig sites blocked for some dumb reason (probably so I'll stop jackin' around and get to work haha).

So what brands/flavors would you recommend?

http://imperialcigs.com/duel-spider-starter-kit.html

this is what I got, came with 2 smoking devices so me and the girlfriend each have one to use.... 1 charger tho guess we gonna cross that bridge when we get there lol. I have the full flavor tobacco and she has menthol flavored, a friend of mine uses this as well had some watermelon... a couple watermelon drops added to the regular or menthol is refreshing and the pulls you get from this particular device are strong as you want them. She sat on hers and it kind of separated where the battery connects, I put it back together but I can see it being a problem potentially. The first thing I bought was the startgreenliving ecig, it was ok but the pulls were weak, the battery seems to need charging more than it promised and the cartridges sure as heck didn't last 300 puffs. I have heard good things about the Volt, but I will ride this till it bucks me :)

Good Luck to all of us@!@!@

You put way to much trust in the doctor title.

A fake cigarette may get rid of tar and nicotine but does nothing to address the behavior. The repetitive, almost ritualistic aspect of smoking is as bad as the addictive qualities. Kind of like drinking
Near Beer.

A fake cigarette may get rid of tar and nicotine but does nothing to address the behavior. The repetitive, almost ritualistic aspect of smoking is as bad as the addictive qualities. Kind of like drinking
Near Beer.

You are correct in that the behavior itself, to some, is part of the addiction.

However, being that that alone does no harm, so what?

Trying to make the switch myself. I like the BLU cigs, been using the disposables, may buy a kit soon.

I have been a 2 pack a day smoker for 30+ years.

Did I also mention, I ran the Rock n Roll NOLA a couple of weeks ago, did the half in 2:13, I think hard about how much faster I would be giving up the Marlboro.

Been smoking a pack a day for 3 years ...doc put me on wellbutrin XL quit the next day, don't miss it, rarely even think about it...Feel better though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom