10th day no cigarette (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Think I am done, been smoking for nearly 20 years. Using an ecig... don't even seem you wanna toke that much unless its in my hand. 2 weeks ago my 8 year old son asked me to quit because he saw that commercial with the lady with the hole in her throat... on youtube. I've quit twice before... once for boot camp and once for child being born... I started again because of military life and divorce. If anyones been trying or wants to I'd recommend the ecig.... its kinda pleasant and so far healthy. I am sure in 10 years they will have a commercial saying how "if you are suffering from an xtra arm growing out your ***, and you smoked an ecig, please call this number as you may be eligible for compensation" but hey... whatever.

not to mention they are just rediculously expensive nowadays...

I am sure in 10 years they will have a commercial saying how "if you are suffering from an xtra arm growing out your ***, and you smoked an ecig, please call this number as you may be eligible for compensation" but hey... whatever.

until they start running the commercials just enjoy having the extra hand, no mater where it is growing from :hihi:

Keep it up 007 and congrats! I have a family member that has struggled with quiting without success for many years now :(

I have used an ecig, and for someone who really wants to quit it is a good substitute but I did not find it nearly as enjoyable as the real thing so as I mentioned you really have to want to quit.

I made it 6 months on the ecig, the girlfriend at the time smoked so I'd bum one or two if we were out drinking, but it was a useful tool once you got the charging schedule/cartridge reordering down to a science.

Don't you need the ecig without nicotine or do you gradually lower nictone levels? The stores usually only sell full strength ecigs.

what kind of ecig did yah use? I bought a 20 dollar one(startgreenliving I think) on day one but just on monday got a new one, called a Spider... I dunno, it hits much harder than the cigarette looking one not sure it is as enjoyable tho lol. About the size of a sharpy, battery lasts all day tho which is good and refilling is a snap.

damn puntz lol

I quit 12 1/2 years ago cold turkey. Haven't had a single cigarette since, although I still get a mild craving once a year or so. For me, cold turkey was better than weening off or using a substitute because part of my addiction was the habit of holding the cigarette. Good luck, I know it's tough, but just remember how bad it is for you and think about your kids. That's what still gets me through and prevents me from ever even having a single cigarette. Even a single cigarette can drag you back in again.

Pssst smoke one. No one has to know. It'll be fast and easy. Not to mention that intitial feeling of that first pull when the smoke hits your lungs is breathtaking ;)

Jk. Relax, cravings are temporary. They only last a few seconds. Anything more and you're doing the fixation on it.

i feel like i hadn't paid 3 dollars for a pack of smokes in 10 years. Pretty much 5 and up depending on where you are.

I smoked a pack a day for 16 years. I then switched to an E cigarette. The Enjoy E cigarette.
Did that for a couple months then quit it too.It was hard but I did it.
This May 24th 2013 I will have been quit smoking cigarettes for 3 years now. :)
Whats sucks though is I still have cravings for them.I guess that never goes away.

Good job. Stuff's a pain in the ***.

I use the gum for the sake of smoking less (but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone managing to actually quit with just gum) and I'll use an ecig on a day when I have an intramural game. Once I was approaching a pack a day, I was determined to bring it down to single digits and I'm probably at 4/weekday and maybe 7-9 on drinking days. I also started running more to motivate me to smoke less. To each his own.

Don't you need the ecig without nicotine or do you gradually lower nictone levels? The stores usually only sell full strength ecigs.

yah know man they do have different nicotine levels in the liquid you choose... but to be quite honest, I had high nicotine and zero nicotine cartridges and both were fine with me. I think the habit of taking a pull was more than the actual nicotine... I think the goal is to start off on the high then work down to the zero... but both seem to give me the same satisfaction.

8 months for me. I don't ever want to go back now. The trick for me was finding an alternative for the craving. I used chocolate. Those little hershey bars and kit kats have done wonders for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom