10th day no cigarette (1 Viewer)

8 months for me. I don't ever want to go back now. The trick for me was finding an alternative for the craving. I used chocolate. Those little hershey bars and kit kats have done wonders for me.

How much weight have you gained? It's been over 10 years. Did the Welbutrin pills. I weighed 130 before within 10 months I gained 40 lbs and still maintain that weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How much weight have you gained? It's been over 10 years. Did the Welbutrin pills. I weighed 130 before within 10 months I gained 40 lbs and still maintain that weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did gain some weight, the trick to that was going to the gym and doing cardio. Weight dropped.

On March 30, 2013 makes my 3yr. anniversary on quitting , I used the cheap walmart patches and they actually worked. Keep up the good work the cravings will suck but just dont let them get to ya.

(BTW it took me 13 tries before I was successful, dont ever give up if you slip on your path to quitting)

Congrats.

I quit also using the e-cig. The trick is finding one that gives you the same satisfaction as a real cigarette or else you're likely to grab a real cig.

Different people quit different ways, but that was what worked for me. My doctor is quite happy too, told me to keep using the e-cig.

Been over three years since I've smoked. Was up to 3 packs a day. Check out the stats in my sig. Its the truth.

Congrats again!

May makes 1 year for me and I also used the E-cig. I've been using the Finiti brand rechargeable.

My wife makes 1 year in July and she quit the same way. She prefers the BLU brand.

That brand seems to simulate the same amount of smoke (Vapor) as a real cig. However, I smoke more then her and went with Finiti due to cost ratio. They're not quite as good, but a lot cheaper.

Congrats! to you!

Good Luck man 10 days in the grand scheme of it all isnt very long. I'm trying to quit aswell hasnt been going so great for me though. After i stopped for a Month.

10 days might not seem that long for the normal man... but for me, as Bob wqould say ... sry for partying :)

always wondered how does the e-cig work?? by smoking them surley it is just as bad as smoking normally??

as of now they re supposed to be completely safe and no hazzard to health, but like i said... 10 years from now we might have arms growing out of our collective *****

Great to hear. Now take that $3/day you used to buy smokes with and put it in a Roth IRA or college fund.

You'll be surprised after 12 years to see how much you accumulated.:9:

What planet are you buying cigarettes on for three bucks?

I smoke an ecab. Holds lots of juice, good battery, easy to refill. Try Mt baker vapors for juices. You can buy all the good flavors although I just use coffee and tobacco.

as of now they re supposed to be completely safe and no hazzard to health, but like i said... 10 years from now we might have arms growing out of our collective *****

I can't see the health hazard in vaporizing nicotine. It's the carcinogens in cigarettes that are health risks, not the nicotine. Honestly though, I don't care.

I can't see the health hazard in vaporizing nicotine. It's the carcinogens in cigarettes that are health risks, not the nicotine. Honestly though, I don't care.
About a month ago, we met a Dr. In the circle k buying one and I asked if they were bad for you and he said no.
Granted, it's just one doctor, but made me feel better. :ezbill:

Well, nicotine by itself may not really be great for you, either, but an ecig is a whole lot better for you than a regular cig and all the carcinogens they contain. Breathing hot smoke of any kind into your lungs is never a good plan. I know; I smoked cigarettes for years before quitting cold turkey about three-ish years ago (never really kept count).

So no, e-cigarettes aren't something a life-long non-smoker should just pick up because they're totally safe and healthy, but research so far suggests that they're so vastly much better for you than regular cigarettes that any smoker who makes the switch is doing himself or herself a huge, huge favor.

Congratulations on quitting, by the way, Bayouman. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom