#10yearchallenge: Some Saints hadn’t tried football the last time N.O. played for NFC title (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1547867488256.png
(ELIOT KAMENITZ / TIMES- PICAYUNE)

Amos Morale III, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

The 2009 NFC Championship Game was playing on screens in the New Orleans Saints’ lunch room Friday (Jan. 18).

Three current members of the team were in uniform in that game, the last time New Orleans played for an NFC title: Drew Brees, Thomas Morstead and Jermon Bushrod.

Brees said it hadn’t felt like nine years since that game. But time flies.

“Everybody was saying I had a lot more hair back then,” Brees said with a laugh. “So, it doesn’t feel like that long ago, but I guess it was.”

Brees just needed to look around the Saints locker room to see how much time has passed.

“I wasn’t even playing football then,” Saints rookie receiver Tre’Quan Smith said.

Smith was in eighth grade when Drew Brees and the Saints defeated the Minnesota Vikings in the Superdome before going on to beat the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. He, like a number of his teammates who have helped the Saints reach Sunday’s NFC Championship matchup with the Los Angeles Rams, barely had thought of a career in football at that point. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom