11-12 foot gator in Lakeview area of New Orleans, shot dead by area LWDF agent. (1 Viewer)

i love you dude. i completely disagree though. their numbers dwindle everyday. still not close to extinction, but they may well be again. not today, not tomorrow, but 10+ years from now is a realistic possibility.

their eggs are eaten by other predators at a rapid rate. people hunt them at a rapid rate. i see no reason to let one wandering alone, be a target to shoot at. makes zero sense.

i hate koalas because they are evil forkers. doesn't mean i want them to see extinction.

every animal, mammal, insect, etc. has a place in our ecosystem.

we as humans, are too naive and or ignorant to want to see the truth.
I guess I'm a bit closer to the swamp. I live where all those Swamp People episodes are taped and we are literally being overrun by gators. The photo I posted at my course wasn't a fluke. The golfers are being asked by the management to "avoid the alligators", but they are everywhere on the course now. They never really used to bother me until they started hissing at us when we start walking onto the tee boxes. (Watch out at Hole #4 especially)

Yeah, I understand that all this swamp originally belonged to them. But now that us humans are here, we have to remember who the paying customers are at the golf course and around town. Many people who live here (with fenced property) are calling the animal control regularly to remove these animals from their yards and swimming pools. No, I'm not for killing animals needlessly, but alligators are multiplying very rapidly all over south Louisiana since once having been on the endangered list. But at this time the 'harvesting' of a few nuisance alligators isn't going to put their numbers in jeopardy any time in the future.

dude. they look cuddly, but are evil arse forkers. i doubt any aussie would disagree.

they don't just protect their young, but are hostile if too close (sexually frustrated or not). their claws are weapons freddy kruger level of psychotic. very territorial. a koala is a forking butt crevasse.
This is why I try not to comment about something that's going on in someone else's 'neighborhood'. Just as you were appalled about that local gator story and about the ire we sometimes feel toward their antics around here, I had no idea that there would ever be a reason to be hating on a koala. I guess I should have remembered what Coach Jim Mora Sr once told me: "You think you know, but you really don't know." :hihi:

This is why I try not to comment about something that's going on in someone else's 'neighborhood'. Just as you were appalled about that local gator story and about the ire we sometimes feel toward their antics around here, I had no idea that there would ever be a reason to be hating on a koala. I guess I should have remembered what Coach Jim Mora Sr once told me: "You think you know, but you really don't know." :hihi:
hah. fork kolas.

seriously though, there isn't a reason to kill an alligator, on the side of a highway, just because it is an alligator.

this is something i'd think we can all agree on.

it isn't it's fault that it was born an alligator. it was posing zero theat to anyone. well, i guess a gun, but that is it.

hah. fork kolas.

seriously though, there isn't a reason to kill an alligator, on the side of a highway, just because it is an alligator.

this is something i'd think we can all agree on.

it isn't it's fault that it was born an alligator. it was posing zero theat to anyone. well, i guess a gun, but that is it.
it is upsetting. not sure how else to put it. fantastic animal, does not deserve to die because it was simply trying to find water.

ugh. it is very upsetting. i'm an butt crevasse, yet even i can see where this was unnecessary.

it is upsetting. not sure how else to put it. fantastic animal, does not deserve to die because it was simply trying to find water.

ugh. it is very upsetting. i'm an butt crevasse, yet even i can see where this was unnecessary.
To be fair, there really aren't a lot of people around here who are running around looking to kill alligators for 'sport'. In fact without the tags it is illegal to do so. Alligators are much more likely to die from trying to cross the road at night and get run over by some vehicle. I'm an animal lover as well, but once the stories start coming in about how some very large alligators have attacked and killed some adults (yes, that did happen to a golfer in Florida not too long ago), it doesn't bother me at all to remove that threat from the citizens in our area. While folks may not have a lot of pity for an adult golfer who dies that way, if the news would involve the same thing happening to a kid who was just playing around in his front yard, then it will needlessly become 'open season' for anything in alligator hide. There's no reason to allow one confused gator to unknowingly give the rest of them a bad rap.

To be fair, there really aren't a lot of people around here who are running around looking to kill alligators for 'sport'. In fact without the tags it is illegal to do so. Alligators are much more likely to die from trying to cross the road at night and get run over by some vehicle. I'm an animal lover as well, but once the stories start coming in about how some very large alligators have attacked and killed some adults (yes, that did happen to a golfer in Florida not too long ago), it doesn't bother me at all to remove that threat from the citizens in our area. While folks may not have a lot of pity for an adult golfer who dies that way, if the news would involve the same thing happening to a kid who was just playing around in his front yard, then it will needlessly become 'open season' for anything in alligator hide. There's no reason to allow one confused gator to unknowingly give the rest of them a bad rap.
I remember hearing a story about a promising young golfer that lost a hand to an alligator attack. This guy was seriously talented and all the hard work he put in was gone in an instant. He went on to become a legendary golf instructor and even helped a former hockey player pick up the nuances of golf before going on and winning numerous tournaments. Unfortunately losing his hand to a gator attack wasn't the end of his bad luck. He later fell out of the window to his death right in front of Lee Trevino. This just shows, the threat is real even though it isn't common.

Last edited:
I guess I should have remembered what Coach Jim Mora Sr once told me: "You think you know, but you really don't know." :hihi:

Well, he thought he knew but he never won a single playoff game with one of the best defenses in history and later with a young Peyton Manning, so Jim Mora Sr IMO really didn't know.....that is all....I feel they should have re-located the gator, totally unnecessary to kill it....

I remember hearing a story about a promising young golfer that lost a hand to an alligator attack. This guy was seriously talented and all the hard work he put in was gone in an instance. He went on to become a legendary golf instructor and even helped a former hockey player pick up the nuances of golf before going on and winning numerous tournaments. Unfortunately losing his hand to a gator attack wasn't the end of his bad luck. He later fell out of the window to his death right in front of Lee Trevino. This just shows, the threat is real even though it isn't common.
May he rest in peace...

dude. they look cuddly, but are evil arse forkers. i doubt any aussie would disagree.

they don't just protect their young, but are hostile if too close (sexually frustrated or not). their claws are weapons freddy kruger level of psychotic. very territorial. a koala is a forking butt crevasse.
This is almost like finding out Mr. Rogers was a serial killer.

This is almost like finding out Mr. Rogers was a serial killer.

I can attest to the cow. One of the most frightning experiences of my life was being cornered in barn along with my best friend.
Fortunately, his grandfather heard our cries for help and chased it away with a bullwhip

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom