11th Pick in the 2017 draft quite nice for 7-9 record (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Overall we lucked out with many teams fighting for those wildcard spots this year.

11. New Orleans Saints
[.523]Strength-of-Schedule
2016 record: 7-9
Top needs: CB, S, LB , O Line, DE , TE
7-9 vs weak teams is more pathetic than 7-9 vs tough teams and that's how the draft tiebreaker is decided.

Overall we lucked out with many teams fighting for those wildcard spots this year.

11. New Orleans Saints
2016 record: 7-9 (.523)

The loss to the Falcons hurts, but it was a big move draft wise. Here's to hoping Derek Barnett or Tim Williams make it to pick 11.

The loss to the Falcons hurts, but it was a big move draft wise. Here's to hoping Derek Barnett or Tim Williams make it to pick 11.

I believe Barnett will be long gone before we pick at 11. If we stay with the 3 safety base,I wouldn't mind if we selected Jabril Peppers. I doubt
he makes it past Carolina though. If he does,he'd help stop the bleeding TE's and Rb's have caused the past few seasons.

I believe Barnett will be long gone before we pick at 11. If we stay with the 3 safety base,I wouldn't mind if we selected Jabril Peppers. I doubt
he makes it past Carolina though. If he does,he'd help stop the bleeding TE's and Rb's have caused the past few seasons.

Much to the dismay of half this board, I think Carolina will jump on the Fournette train.

Much to the dismay of half this board, I think Carolina will jump on the Fournette train.
The other half of the board should be dismayed too.

I don't care what your opinion of Fournette is, you don't want him in the Panthers backfield. That said. I think Jacksonville, the Jets, and maybe even Chicago could take Fournette.

Derek Barnett, Demarcus Walker, Taco Charlton, and Adoree Jackson are at the top of my early wish list.

Tough to know what our needs will be come draft time though.

Regardless of who is picked ahead of us, we are sitting pretty! I would not be too upset if we traded down and accumulated picks. We have specific needs but not quite as glaring as previous years.

The other half of the board should be dismayed too.

I don't care what your opinion of Fournette is, you don't want him in the Panthers backfield. That said. I think Jacksonville, the Jets, and maybe even Chicago could take Fournette.

Chicago has their franchise back that we should've snagged last year.

Unless Carolina improves their offensive line, LF to the Panthers is probably a best case scenario for the NFL. He would be better on about 20 NFL offenses.

Regardless of who is picked ahead of us, we are sitting pretty! I would not be too upset if we traded down and accumulated picks. We have specific needs but not quite as glaring as previous years.

I really don't see us trading down. If anything, we'll trade up for someone. Jump a pick or two. I mean, this is a make or break year. I'm almost certain if we feel the prospect we need might be gone in the 10 picks ahead of us, we might try to leapfrog Carolina for him. They need defense too. Imagine if something absurd happens and Myles Garrett starts to slip?

11. New Orleans Saints
[.523]Strength-of-Schedule
2016 record: 7-9
7-9 vs weak teams is more pathetic than 7-9 vs tough teams and that's how the draft tiebreaker is decided.

Can't really argue with the needs save for TE. Just signed Fleener to a big contact with Hooman and Hill returning from injury. Also, Phillips has a possibility of being back as well. Then again, nothing would surprise me but I'd hope more talent infusion on the defensive side of the ball and offensive line would be the goal.

The team should invest in the top four positions listed above depending on who is available and when.

Get Gillmore at CB from the Bills along with Brown at LB (also from the Bills) and draft those positions with the BPA and 2017 has an opportunity to be very good for Saints Fandom.

I really don't see us trading down. If anything, we'll trade up for someone. Jump a pick or two. I mean, this is a make or break year. I'm almost certain if we feel the prospect we need might be gone in the 10 picks ahead of us, we might try to leapfrog Carolina for him. They need defense too. Imagine if something absurd happens and Myles Garrett starts to slip?

2 weeks ago I'd agree with you but watching him and Derek Barnett and reading up on these two I would much rather take Barnett over Garrett. He seems to go 100% every play. With both even in the sack category, I was surprised that Barnett's 32 sacks over 3/4 came against SEC teams while Garrett's around 1/4.

Damn right we did.

There's doom and gloom all over the board right now. But not many expected much from this season. Most predictions were 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 (including mine, with was 7-9). We got what we predicted. Not even accounting for the fact that the injury bug took 17 players off the roster. This team is on the way up.

We're damn fortunate to get the #11 overall pick with a 7-9 record. I'm stoked about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom