13 Years ago today…. Thank you Hartley!! (1 Viewer)

This here was the moment for me. Win or lose to finally be in that number…. I cried here. The win was just lagniappe for me. It was the moment of exhalation. The kick though…
Amen.

No other Saint moment was more important emotion-wise than that kick!

The huge emotional release of "Yes!! Finally." (Having followed the Saints since their inception.)

(I'm probably misremembering, but I felt the SB victory was gonna be a foregone conclusion...)

Went to the Super Bowl and it wasn’t the feeling I had when that ball sailed through the uprights. I was drained and felt like I actually played in that game.

Rewatched the game after seeing this post. If that game was played today... saints defense would have been called for 15 penalties for 150+ yards (they had 9 penalties for 88 yards in the game). I doubt today's NFL will allow the kind of hits the saints D put on Favre.
Vikings turnovers helped the saints stay in the game (5 TO vs 1 for saints). It is amazing the amount of penetration the vikings defense was able to get on the saints O-line. Their defense caused Brees to have a below average game. In terms of the game quality and intensity, this game was the real superbowl.
Who won

Best pic ever....

R.22d3c7aaec0f1ab1830c9e282aa97029

Rewatched the game after seeing this post. If that game was played today... saints defense would have been called for 15 penalties for 150+ yards (they had 9 penalties for 88 yards in the game). I doubt today's NFL will allow the kind of hits the saints D put on Favre.
Vikings turnovers helped the saints stay in the game (5 TO vs 1 for saints). It is amazing the amount of penetration the vikings defense was able to get on the saints O-line. Their defense caused Brees to have a below average game. In terms of the game quality and intensity, this game was the real superbowl.
It was a different sport before c. 2011-12. Take a look at the Ravens' Super Bowl run from earlier that decade with Siragusa (RIP) lifting and body slamming QBs (twice) and seemingly intentionally driving his substantial body weight onto their throwing shoulders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom