14 yards rushing (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
That is what the Vikings have given up in the last two games. There run defense is giving up 56.64 yards per game. This is up there with the best all time. The modern NFL record is held by the 1982 Steelers who gave up 48 yards per game and while they could still get the record it is not likely. No team has given up less than 80 yards per game since the 2000 Ravens did it in 2000. Teams have flat out quit trying to run on them the last few games and they might break the record but let me ask you this.

What would the Vikings team, owner, coaches and fans do for a player like Drew Brees right now? Brad Johnson is not going to kill your team week in and week out but he is not the guy that can step up when you need him. This is a team that was sitting $30+ million under the salary cap this offseason with a 39 year old QB as the starter when a two time, young Pro Bowl QB became available.

The Vikings have built a dominant front 4, a dominant offensive line, have a very good RB, have a deep secondary that can make plays, they have a very solid special teams and they have enough weapons that a decent QB could make them look good. Just imagine what could have been in Viking country.

I would like to take this chance to thank our front office for seeing farther than their nose when Brees hit the open market.

Absolutely. I knew Drew was a good QB, but I didn't know he would play this well so soon after his surgery. I saw the signing as more of a long term thing, but it has already paid huge dividens for us this season.

It has to rank up there with one of the better FA signings of all time. We got a young, pro bowl QB who knows how to win games.

You're also right about the Vikings. They are a QB away from being a legit contender. I didn't realize they were so good against the run.

No team has given up less than 80 yards per game since the 2000 Ravens did it in 2000.

n203403148_30034527_3582.jpg

Absolutely. I knew Drew was a good QB, but I didn't know he would play this well so soon after his surgery. I saw the signing as more of a long term thing, but it has already paid huge dividens for us this season.

It has to rank up there with one of the better FA signings of all time. We got a young, pro bowl QB who knows how to win games.

You're also right about the Vikings. They are a QB away from being a legit contender. I didn't realize they were so good against the run.

I don't think anyone knew he would play this good but I knew he would play at a Pro Bowl level and I also knew he would give us our only chance at winning sooner than later over a rookie QB. I was so happy when we signed him. Still didn't think he would play this good.

Let's not forget... The Cardinals had no plans of running the ball this game and only rushed it 5 times with running backs.

Edge had 4 rushes for 15 yards with a long of 14... common sense would tell me to try running it some more...

51 passing attempts for Leinart, the Vikes rush D may be good, but how many teams will give up more than 20 yards if you only rush it 4 times with your starting RB?

This games stats are skewed... we'll see next week when they face Chicago how many yards they give up.

Let's not forget... The Cardinals had no plans of running the ball this game and only rushed it 5 times with running backs.

Edge had 4 rushes for 15 yards with a long of 14... common sense would tell me to try running it some more...

51 passing attempts for Leinart, the Vikes rush D may be good, but how many teams will give up more than 20 yards if you only rush it 4 times with your starting RB?

This games stats are skewed... we'll see next week when they face Chicago how many yards they give up.

They held the Dolphins to -3 yards rushing (14 attempts) last week. The same Dolphins team that put up close to 200 on the Bears.

Last edited:
They held the Dolphins to -3 yards rushing last week. The same Dolphins team that put up close to 200 on the Bears.

Great point, still doesn't change todays stats at all. The Cards gave a worthless attempt at running the ball.

Here are some of the backs that have faced the Vikings D this year:
Week 1: Clinton Portis 10 carries 39 yards
Week 2: Deshaun Foster 13 carries 26 yards
Week 3: Thomas Jones 18 carries 54 yards
Week 4: Willis McGahee 28 carries 78 yards
Week 5: Kevin Jones 10 carries 8 yards
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: Maurice Morris 17 carries 49 yards (long of 27)
Week 8: Maroney 8 carries 34 yards (long of 22)
Week 9: Frank Gore 19 carries 41 yards
Week 10: Ahman Green 22 carries 55 yards
Week 11: Ronnie Brown 10 carries 2 yards
Week 12: Edgerin James 4 carries 15 yards (long of 14)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom