16,000,000 Reasons why Tom Brady will not retire this off season. (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

Toxic Optimist
Reaction score
If Brady retires this offseason, he has to pay back (at least how I understand it) $16M of his signing bonus from last years extension.

Below excerpt from sportac.com

• If Brady retires after 2021, the Bucs will recoup $16M of the signing bonus

I think Brady would have to go out Drew Brees or Big Ben sad to retire a year early

It's one thing to retire and stop getting big paychecks, it's another to have to write a 8 digit check to retire.

If I am misunderstanding this, someone please correct me!

I don’t think it will factor into his decision at all. He got that as a signing bonus for cap purposes.

It's one thing to retire and stop getting big paychecks, it's another to have to write a 8 digit check to retire.

If I am misunderstanding this, someone please correct me!

Gisele has that kind of change just sitting in the kids louis vuitton couch cushions.

losing yesterday seems to cement another year, i jsut hope we see a steep and sudden Manning or Brees like decline-hes been putting it off for years- when it hits it will hit hard

FWIW, he doesn't necessarily have to pay back the money. Tampa could choose not to go after it, as a thank you for his "contributions." Some teams go after money (see: Lions & Calvin Johnson) and some don't (see: Colts & Andrew Luck). It's really up to the team.

(I don't think he will walk away, because I think he loves football and is still playing at a high level, but just FYI on the money.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom